Help fixing IMEI changing

Manu singh

Dec 16, 2023, 5:44:03 AM12/16/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Few days ago I installed gerdaos
While checking it I got an application name IMEI/TTL

It had option to change IMEI ,Wifi mac address and bluetooth address.

Without going into any details I just changed IMEI MAC and Bluetooth address (thinking that it will help me to be anonymous, YAA I am a teenager).

Now neither Cellular connection not wifi is working.

I did factory reset and then reinstall gerdaos
But nothing changes.
Device Jio phone F220b

What to do now? (BTW can we have a discourse forum or lemmy community or matrix chat I am not fan of Google groups)

minhduc-bui1

Jan 2, 2024, 11:13:20 AMJan 2
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Before doing any modifications on the phone, do a research and backup first. Changing your IMEI number will void your warranty, lead to the phone being unable to use mobile data and may even be illegal in some regions like the UK. Changing your MAC address can affect your ability to use Wi-Fi. Both are permanent and cannot be restored with a factory reset.

Now, you'll need to use whatever tool and/or method you've used to change your IMEI and MAC address to restore them back. If you cannot use them and you kept a backup of either the /modem, /modemst1 or /modemst2 partition (or were able to get copies of them somewhere), flash them over Fastboot or EDL to restore.

Otherwise, you f*cked up. No excuses.