Does Gerda OS support Jio VoLTE?

Sayantan Roychowdhury

Feb 6, 2020, 2:15:13 PM2/6/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I recently bought a Nokia 8110 4G.
It is an Indian variant, bloated with Jio apps.
However, the most important thing, calls and SMS is not working because this firmware version does not support VoLTE.
Will flashing Gerda OS bring it back?
Please, anyone who has flashed it on the Indian version of the phone let me know.
Thanks.

Sayantan Roychowdhury

Feb 9, 2020, 9:29:45 AM2/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ok. Responding to my own post because nobody replied. It doesn't.
Probably it's not a fault of Gerda at all. If the stock modem cannot support it, Gerda cannot do anything.
Replying for future reference, if anyone is wondering about this before flashing this OS.

Ivan Alex HC

Feb 9, 2020, 11:22:55 AM2/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Sayantan Roychowdhury

Feb 9, 2020, 8:48:10 PM2/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello. Thanks. But I think a system update intentionally disabled jio volte on the device. If there's a dump of the Indian version of the device just when it was launched (before hitting any update), maybe we can flash the modem and get back volte.

Assassin

Apr 1, 2020, 4:34:34 PM4/1/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I installed gerda os on my indian nokia 8110 which had software v10.05. VoLTE works for me without making any changes in the modem or anything.