Using KaiOS 3.x phone out of USA

mahz...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2023, 3:47:31 AM9/6/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I live in Israel, and  I want to buy KaiOS 3.x phone.
I know that there is no KaiOS 3.x device that is officially marketed in Israel.
But if I buy on Amazon, for example, a Nokia 2780flip (I want it because it seems possible to start modding it) will it work in Israel?
Nokia 2780 Flip (nokia-weeknd) | BananaHackers Wiki
Does anyone have any information? Thanks.

chri...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2023, 2:55:57 PM9/8/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
cell service will not work outside of the US, as it requires bands that really only US carriers use.  additionally, there does not look to be any root or dev connection options available on any of the v3.x devices yet, so even if you go it, you would not be able to mod it.

minhduc-bui1

Sep 27, 2023, 10:14:51 AM9/27/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Although there are reports of the 2780 Flip working in certain parts of Europe, we cannot make sure it will work anywhere else. Cellphones are sold differently in the US and elsewhere because the US uses different LTE bands from other parts of the world, so don't expect any cell service to work.

Apart from that, Affe has been working on porting postmarketOS to the 2780, but it's currently much of a work-in-progress.

Vào lúc 01:55:57 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Bảy, 9 tháng 9, 2023, chri...@gmail.com đã viết: