Change vibrate Alcatel 3088x

Mick

Mar 31, 2024, 8:52:14 AMMar 31
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Hi. I'm trying to change the vibrate pattern on an Alcatel 3088x, running KaiOS 2.5.1.1. Two vibrations when receiving an SMS are not noticeable enough, so I'd like to add two more.

I've edited notifications.js in system.gaiaimoble.org to change var-pattern from [200, 200, 200] to [200, 200, 200, 200, 200, 200, 200], which should give 4 vibrations. I've also changed navigator.vibrate in notify.js in sms.gaiamobile.org to the same pattern.

In case the length of the vibration is an issue, I've increased vibration_duration in audio_channel_controller.js from 1000 to 2000.

However, it still only gives two vibrations when receiving an SMS. What am I missing?

Thanks.

joe-net

Mar 31, 2024, 9:08:14 AMMar 31
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Its to do with the ring tone,
I fthe tone is short then it wont make long vibrate, as soon the tone is finished the vibrate will also finish

Mick

Mar 31, 2024, 9:40:45 AMMar 31
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks very much. In other words, the settings that I have changed are irrelevant, even when the phone is set on vibrate only, as all the notification ring tones are only around one second long. How can I increase the length of the ring tone?

Mick

Apr 1, 2024, 6:13:36 AMApr 1
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
As a further experiment, I've changed the vibrate pattern to [1000], which should give a single vibrate of 1 second. This less than or equal to the notification tone, so the length shouldn't be a problem. However, I still get the same double vibrate of 2 x 200 milliseconds on SMS receipt. It looks as if the vibrate pattern for notifications is not controlled by notification.js or notify.js. Where is it set?