Hosted app submission on kaios store

Billy G

Dec 29, 2019, 11:31:48 AM12/29/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello,

I tried to submit my PWA on kaios store and i got the message that "Manifest not available".
I have tried my app on KaiOS simulator it worked fine. It could fetch the manifest file. Then i submitted my manifest file manually and i got "Invalid hosted manifest".
Does anyone have any idea why this happened? I tried to contact Kaios developer team several times but no one has answered.

thank you,

Billy
Message has been deleted

Fan of G.K

Dec 31, 2019, 9:45:22 AM12/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I have modified the app according to Kaios app submission please read the instructions and attachments carefully so here is your modified app -: https://we.tl/t-NE4IPn4vIz

Now enjoy and sorry for late reply.

Billy G

Dec 31, 2019, 11:33:21 AM12/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello Fan of G.K,

Thank you for your help.
I have a few questions. Do i have to make the changes below or can i use the files you sent me directly to my app?
1) Can i change the index.html to index.php because this is where my app starts?
2) Can i change the icon url path?
3) Is it necessary to upload the app with the kaiAds? because once i tested the kaiAds and it showed a full-screen ad and i didn't like it. If i use your file how will it show the ad?
4) Is it necessary to submit the app with the report.txt file? because i don't know how to generate one.

thank you,

Billy

Fan of G.K

Dec 31, 2019, 8:53:06 PM12/31/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ok

For 1) I don't think there is a need of change in index.html page because it simply redirects to your website registration page.There is no such hard coding inside index.html.

For 2) If you are talking about icon url used inside index.html then you can change according to your preferences. And if you're talking about app icon on phone screen used inside manifest file then I don't think there is need of any changes but you can add 56x56 84x84 & 112x112 size icons inside zip file if phone not showing icons properly.

For 3) Yes KaiAds is necessary if you want Kaiostech people team to test your app immediately and to give review of your app immediately.
I know You will didn't like the kaiads but kaios team will like it and fullscreen is most easiest way of showing ad without any heavy editing on JavaScript.So if you use kaiads you have to sign up for kaiads ssp then you will get a publisher I.D which you have to copy & paste on kaisdk.js file that's it you have successfully setup a kaiads on your app.If you don't like fullscreen ad you can edit according to your preference chevk out this website-: https://www.kaiads.com/publishers/sdk.html

For 4) Don't be so scare about report.txt you just to have to write about working and features of your app inside txt file then optionally write about issues or error if you are facing while running of app that's it.

Sorry to say but these are all tantrums of KaiOS app submission just for publishing because they are not big as android so they have to do these tantrums for their sucking profit.

Billy G

Jan 3, 2020, 1:58:32 PM1/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks for the reply.

I tried to submit but i still get the same error. I even tried to submit a hosted app that it is available on their documentation page just to test it and it couldn't even fetch that manifest file.
I don't know what is wrong. I don't know if it is something wrong with my manifest file or with their platform.
Also In the file, you sent me there are two files: hollo.css and metadata.json. Do i have to do something with that? and I have also uploaded a manifest.webapp.php file on the same directory with manifest file
and inside the file i have 2 lines of code:
header('Content-type: application/x-web-app-manifest+json');
readfile('manifest.webapp');
Do i realy need them? Maybe it causing a problem?

As far as the kaiads is concerned, i have tested it but the problem is that i can see the ads on the website too, and this is something i don' t want to. I just want to see the ads only on kaios devices.
I will check the link you sent me to see if there is any way to fix this.

Anyway, i am not sure if i will ever be able to upload the app on their store. I've tried to contact them many times but they don't answer.

thank you

Fan of G.K

Jan 3, 2020, 11:16:45 PM1/3/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Aha, I got it, you are actually choosing *New Hosted app* option if I am not wrong but I have given the screenshot and example for to direct upload your zip file by choosing *New packaged app* option which will not waste your time while uploading.

I understand you want to manipulate directly from your website and your related server without making separate app even I tried this method for my website but most of times this app submission website rejects even after enabling all tricks I don't know why.

If all the above paragraph said by me isn't true and you were trying to upload via *New Packaged Option* then maybe browser is not compatible with app submission website. I mostly do app submission upload from *New package option* via Firefox browser.

Billy G

Jan 4, 2020, 8:28:59 AM1/4/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ok, now i understand what's going on. I will try to submit it from firefox and see what happens. If can't be submitted from firefox too, then i will submit it as a packaged app.
Will the packaged app be connected to my website's server? I mean if a user uploads something using the website can they see it what they uploaded from their kaios devices?
and if i updated my website, add more features, will these features be available on kaios too?

thanks, i appreciate your help.

Fan of G.K

Jan 4, 2020, 9:03:22 AM1/4/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Your packaged version app will work like photocopy of your website just like surfing on browser.I mean to say like bookmark of browser that's why it's webapp.

If you want to make it really like an app not just a web shortcut then I think this app is perfect example for you 👇-

https://doc-0k-0c-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/nlpsp50l9bht08rd9quv8q3q304s18dq/sefbu6f10jc58f9krmco8l77anqdhpkq/1578139200000/18158392466838698953/00627732800243014748/1cA3j-pP2w8SbRKvJGBZ_NUf9x0V7RVWO?e=download&authuser=0&nonce=hccpgrsf9791k&user=00627732800243014748&hash=tslg9v16eo7sa3vhbja7kaqik5f09r5t

Billy G

Jan 6, 2020, 2:01:31 PM1/6/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello Fan of G.K,

The link you sent me is not working.
One question how can i show kaiAds only on kaios devices or small screens, because i can see the ads on my website too. I tried a few things but none of them worked.

thank you

Fan of G.K

Jan 6, 2020, 3:20:42 PM1/6/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Ok that link was of facebook app feom bhackers store you can check and download it later. I hope this previous link was helpful few days ago.
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/cdeb55308519ac4fc30c887f6bfb3edc20191231143423/52e4f8/grid

But Kaiads is only supported on only Kai device as per my experience I never tried on website because I rarely get to choose hosted app uploading so I don't know sorry.

Fan of G.K

Jan 6, 2020, 3:46:26 PM1/6/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110

Billy G

Jan 6, 2020, 5:15:18 PM1/6/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
No i will upload a packaged app. I will use the file you sent me. But i wanted to see how the kaiads look on the app, so i uploaded the kaids file and i could see the ads on my website so i tried to find a way to show the ads only on small screens and kaios devices.

So you say that if i upload a packaged app it won't show the ads on the website right?

Fan of G.K

Jan 6, 2020, 10:04:57 PM1/6/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
If you have remove the kaisdk.js file from your website server then yes it would only be shown on your packaged app after install KaiOs device. Ok so you want a glimpse of my KaiAds setup so here is the video/gif-: https://i.ibb.co/34x8LNW/ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

Billy G

Jan 15, 2020, 5:17:44 AM1/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello Fan of G.K,

One question: I have tested my app on the kaios simulator and it seems that the navigation is not working, although i have the cursor: true in the manifest file.
Do you have any idea how to fix this?

thanks

Fan of G.K

Jan 15, 2020, 6:41:53 AM1/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Don't change anything just try the link below, I hope this will help when you want to navigate back or exit the app only via KaiOS device.

https://we.tl/t-0HdNWhO9pM

Billy G

Jan 15, 2020, 7:00:59 AM1/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks.
Does this allow the user to go up and down or left and right on the app? They send me a message from the kaios and told me that they can open my app but they can't get past the login page because they can't move around. They sent me a video which you can see in this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6ZzLVy25OhxUUtyeGNtbzROd1hmNDJ4RTBhakV6eTg0QWxv

Fan of G.K

Jan 15, 2020, 7:20:54 AM1/15/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Oh ho I see cursor is working nice but you have to put up more scrolling flexibility in your website if you want to use Cursor in KaiOS otherwise make a copy like facebook for KaiOS thats what I can say I don't have solution for up and down and regarding js file given by me that is only for softkeys(back and exit) not for up and down.

1. https://www.google.co.in/search?hl=en-IN&gl=IN&ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=spatial+navigation+kaios

2. https://developer.kaiostech.com/core-developer-topics/emulated-cursor

3.https://developer.kaiostech.com/core-developer-topics/dpad-navigation

(Note-: This same error related to your video happens to xender web as well so your website is not alone so sometimes responsiveness also sucks 😂).