Nokia 8110: Restore to original KaiOS image

Bruno P

Jul 30, 2019, 6:58:03 AM7/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hello guys,

Thanks for the hard work you're doing with this such amazing project!

Just for testing purposes, I have installed GerdaOS but I was looking for a way to restore the 8110 to the most updated original KaiOS image but I cannot find something straight forward to accomplish this, any clue where to find several posts so I can post something here in a straight forward way?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Bruno.

Ivan Alex HC

Jul 30, 2019, 7:53:21 AM7/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi Bruno, I hope you have your clean dumps. You can restore all using this toot https://sites.google.com/view/bananahackers/backup/repair-all#h.p_zODh3gZ3Vzrc
You can get more info by exploring the BACKUP section of the website.
Enjoy ;)

Bruno P

Jul 30, 2019, 8:08:20 AM7/30/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Hi Ivan,

Clearer impossible!, thanks a lot for that info!, I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't check the backup section before...

Cheers,
Bruno.

Adam

Jan 8, 2020, 1:43:56 PM1/8/20
to banana...@googlegroups.com
Would you be willing to post step by step instructions on how to restore v16? I've looked at the bananahackers, but it's not clear to me how to proceed. I've been able to turn on debug mode (with the bug icon) and "pull" files with adb. But I have no clue how to restore the whole thing. I don't care about backing up anything (I have my contacts backed-up and that's all I need), just need to restore v16.
I've recently updated to v17 and it's so bad that my battery is dead after 1-2 days, while before held 10-12 days (I don't use wifi, or data except occasionally).

Please help.

Fan of G.K

Jan 9, 2020, 4:04:15 AM1/9/20
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110