Ladies and gentlemen,
As a New Year present, let me introduce the very first version of another emulator which is already far more functional than Kava.
This is KaiBoy, probably the first Nintendo Game Boy and Game Boy Color emulator port for KaiOS.
It's a port of GameBoyCore engine for Firefox OS (which in turn was a port of jsGB engine) with KaiOS look-and-feel UI.
What works in version 0.0.1:
- ROMs are launchable and playable (didn't test much of them though).
What doesn't work yet (and why):
- Sound: the GameBoyCore engine relies on XAudioServer library which in turn relies on Flash (have to revamp sound output altogether);
- In-game save files: all functionality is there but have yet to hook it up with the UI;
- Emulation save states and machine pause: same thing;
- JioPhone 2 and other landscape-oriented KaiOS device support is rudimentary (keys are remapped but UI is not adapted).
Default controls for portrait layout (8110 4G and other non-QWERTY phones) are:
- Start: Soft Right key
- Select: Soft Left key
- A: 9
- B: 8
Default controls for landscape layout are:
- D-Pad: W,A,S,D
- Start: Soft Middle key (Enter on desktop)
- Select: Q
- A: L
- B: K
Further version updates will be announced in the same thread.