So, here are all we know for now about sKai:
1. Based upon MediaTek MT6572, a famous 3G-only low-budget smartphone chipset from the very long past.
2. Starting retail price in Ukraine - about $40 (999 UAH).
3. Like 8110, it has no separate Back key and no dedicated volume keys.
4. Runs heavily customized KaiOS of 220.127.116.11 version. The recovery menu shows up the KOT49H marking, which means it's based upon Android 4.4.2 low-level base, and release-keys, which means that secret update signature keys are in place.
5. Supports FM radio without wired headphones, as well as recording from the radio.
6. Recovery, which is entered by powering up while holding #, shows a way of custom userdata backup/restore system. The format of that backup is still unknown. Might be encrypted. However, unlike Qualcomm's KaiOS recovery, there's no way to view system logs.
7. Additional internal MTK test menu can be entered by powering up while holding *. This menu is entirely in Mandarin Chinese.
8. Among known working codes are *#06#, *#07# (SAR level, shows 0), *#auto# (KaiOS MMI test), *#testbox# (cut-down MTK Engineering menu) and *#*#0574#*#* (MTKLogger). That's all known for now until the system dumps are obtained.
9. The app:// URL trick has been fixed, so we can't view the app asset contents from browser.
Will keep updated as soon as anything new is found.
P.S. Pinned the thread as the general thread about the device. Please refrain from creating separate sKai-related threads apart from this.