Regarding new update

knb

Sep 27, 2023, 6:46:47 AM9/27/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
noo.PNG
I hope that BananaHackers is working on it

minhduc-bui1

Sep 27, 2023, 10:07:18 AM9/27/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
I'm afraid not, as that API is fundamental for OmniSD and other Gerda-related apps to install apps under mozApps, and it was removed under B2G which cannot be re-added in any meaningful ways. Due to these changes Luxferre dropped support for OmniSD and GerdaOS in early last year, as far as I can remember.

There actually have been efforts to re-implement this on later versions: Affe Null's Store client used debugger-socket to create a local debugging session directly on the phone and mimic the way WebIDE install apps, but this also only worked on earlier versions.

As mentioned above, the only ways to install third-party apps on later versions are through WebIDE on KaiOS 2.5.2.2+ and appscmd on KaiOS 3.
Vào lúc 17:46:47 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 9, 2023, knb đã viết:

knb

Sep 28, 2023, 8:54:41 AM9/28/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
It also sucks that WebIDE enforces really harsh limitations on the apps you install
To install Wallace Toolbox and KaiRoot, I had to remove the engmodeExtension permission and risk breaking functionality
Maybe someone can work on a version of WebIDE without these limitations

minhduc-bui1

Sep 28, 2023, 11:24:31 AM9/28/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Actually it's a device restriction. You can bypass it by removing devTools.apps.forbiddenPermissions value in WebIDE/Device Preferences, but some devices don't allow access to that obviously.

Luxferre released CrossTweak which is an alternative to Wallace Toolbox that doesn't require engmodeExtension permission.

ngk...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2023, 8:37:21 AM9/29/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
FYI, I sideloaded CrossTweak like a year ago when I first discovered this forum
I think of it as a more stripped-down version of Wallace Toolbox with more capabilities for unrooted phones
But I still ended up sideloading Wallace (both root and Toolbox) anyway without engmodeExtension for the sake of it
By the way, I was using CrossTweak back then and saw an option to modify a "mozSetting". What does this mean?

minhduc-bui1

Sep 30, 2023, 1:56:44 AM9/30/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
If you want to modify system settings that are beyond what's showing in the Settings app, such as turning on screen reader, that modifying mozSettings option is the one. It equals to Device Settings in WebIDE.

ngk...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2023, 2:09:51 AM9/30/23
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Thanks for the information👍