Any way to record calls on the 8110?

jack

Jun 15, 2019, 6:37:22 PM6/15/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Has anyone looked into call recording on the banana phone?

Does anyone know if it's even possible?

I've been looking through the system partition to see if there was anything hidden away but didn't find much promising stuff.

Would something like this be in a different partition?

I did spot this string in libxul.so "TransmitMixer::RecordFileEnded() => fileCallRecordermodule is shutdown", but I think it might be just something left from firefox OS.

Luxferre

Aug 16, 2019, 5:30:05 PM8/16/19
to comp.mobile.nokia.8110
Some research is ongoing:

root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinymix | grep REC
468 BOOL 1 MultiMedia8 Mixer VOC_REC_DL Off
469 BOOL 1 MultiMedia8 Mixer VOC_REC_UL Off
490 BOOL 1 MultiMedia4 Mixer VOC_REC_DL Off
491 BOOL 1 MultiMedia4 Mixer VOC_REC_UL Off
509 BOOL 1 MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_DL Off
510 BOOL 1 MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_UL Off
root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinymix 509 1
root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinymix 510 1
root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinymix 468 1
root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinymix 469 1
root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinymix 490 1
root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinymix 491 1
root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinymix | grep REC
468 BOOL 1 MultiMedia8 Mixer VOC_REC_DL On
469 BOOL 1 MultiMedia8 Mixer VOC_REC_UL On
490 BOOL 1 MultiMedia4 Mixer VOC_REC_DL On
491 BOOL 1 MultiMedia4 Mixer VOC_REC_UL On
509 BOOL 1 MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_DL On
510 BOOL 1 MultiMedia1 Mixer VOC_REC_UL On

And then, after turning on these parameters, you can issue this during the ongoing call:

root@Nokia 8110 4G:/data/local/tmp # tinycap lol.wav

And get a clear recording of both microphone and speaker.

P.S. Getting a working frontend for tinymix/tinycap interoperability is another story... :) But the capability is there definitely.