Error : Could not get filehandle for: None

Jamal Khan

Dec 28, 2013, 8:52:27 AM12/28/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
I've got bamboo running as a server, and now when I do the following command:

I get the following error:

{"error": "could not get a filehandle for: None"}

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Peter Lubell-Doughtie

Dec 28, 2013, 9:48:42 AM12/28/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com

If you post the dataset to bamboo.io from the same command line does it return OK?

Can you check the logs for your local servery and celery, so they look normal?

Jamal Khan

Dec 28, 2013, 11:15:17 AM12/28/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Works flawlessly when posting to bamboo.io.

The only warning that I am getting from celery is:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pymongo/mongo_client.py:342: UserWarning: database name or authSource in URI is being ignored. If you wish to authenticate to bamboo_dev, you must provide a username and password.
  "must provide a username and password." % (db_name,))

Peter Lubell-Doughtie

Dec 28, 2013, 1:35:00 PM12/28/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com

Odd, what if you download the file and try posting locally?

Jamal Khan

Dec 28, 2013, 5:09:15 PM12/28/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
Posting the file from a local location gives me the following error:

{"error": "could not get a filehandle for: <cherrypy._cpreqbody.Part object at 0x11105db90>"}

Peter Lubell-Doughtie

Dec 28, 2013, 6:00:37 PM12/28/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com

Interesting, serious errors like this seem like a code or library problem.  Is the code that you're running up to date with master?  Try checking out the latest code from https://github.com/pld/bamboo, and making sure it's up-to-date.  This is what's deployed on bamboo.io.

To make sure everything is clean, I suggest you also create a new virtual environment with python 2.7, and install the requirements into this virtual environment, then run the server and celery from it.

Hope this helps,
Peter

Jamal Khan

Jan 21, 2014, 6:55:47 PM1/21/14
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this information Peter

Sorry for bringing this issue up again, but I'm having very little luck installing bamboo on Ubuntu 12.04 using pip and venv.

Would you or anyone else have a step-by-step guide to install bamboo on a new Ubuntu 12.04 (or other Ubuntu version) instance?

Thanks!