Error installing (cannot import name json_util)

Jamal Khan

Dec 9, 2013, 4:48:30 PM12/9/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
Hi - I get the same error installing bamboo on Mac OS X and Ubuntu.

I tried:

$ sudo pip install bamboo-server

When I tried to import bamboo:

python >> import bamboo

I get the error:

File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bamboo/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from bamboo.core.frame import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bamboo/core/frame.py", line 7, in <module>
    from bamboo.lib.mongo import dump_mongo_json, mongo_prefix_reserved_key,\
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bamboo/lib/mongo.py", line 5, in <module>
    from bson import json_util
ImportError: cannot import name json_util

Please help!

Jamal

Brian Smith

Dec 9, 2013, 6:12:13 PM12/9/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting the same error as Jamal.  Installing on Ubuntu 12.04.  Thanks!

Peter Lubell-Doughtie

Dec 9, 2013, 11:13:00 PM12/9/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I'm looking into this, I think the pip file is out of date, I'll release a new one tonight and send out an update.

Thanks,
Peter

Peter Lubell-Doughtie

Dec 10, 2013, 9:15:23 AM12/10/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com

I haven't run enough tests yet, but this could relate to the library versions included in setup.py, which the pip file looks at for installing.  These versions aren't pinned, but those in requirements.pip are.

Brian Smith

Dec 11, 2013, 9:44:54 AM12/11/13
to bambo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for looking into it Peter!  Do you have any updates or workarounds? Looking forward to playing around with Bamboo.