Call for New Members

1 view

Mark Huson

Aug 21, 2009, 11:36:21 AM8/21/09
to baltimore-no...@googlegroups.com, baltimore-n...@googlegroups.com
This Tuesday Aug.21st is the last regular meeting before September. It is the perfect time for anyone looking to become a new member to come and join us officially. As per the Bylaws:

Section 2: Becoming a member

Any person who submits a freely available membership application, supports the purposes laid out in Article I of these bylaws, and meets the requirements of the Baltimore Node Membership Rules, Guidelines, & Policies, is qualified to become a member. Any qualified person may become a member at any regular meeting by an affirmative vote of more than three quarters (3/4ths) of voting power present. A vote to affirm a qualified person as a member may only occur if the qualified person is present for the vote. Existing members should consider the qualified person's commitment to the corporations purposes, trustworthiness and any relevant risks before affirming a qualified person with their vote. If a member is unable to assess these considerations, they should make an effort to get the know the qualified person so they can make a proper assessment.

The whole process is outlined here: http://wiki.baltimorenode.org/index.php?title=Membership_Process

If you have any questions feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to answer them.

-Mark