Pics from NYC Resistor

Mark Huson

Jul 14, 2009, 4:14:36 PM7/14/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I'm up in NY for the day and had a chance to swing by NYC Resistor. Met a couple of the founding members. They said feel free to ask any questions we have.

I took some pics of their space that i uploaded and added to the flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7557283@N07/sets/72157621459548332/

-Mark

Adam D Bachman

Jul 14, 2009, 4:39:02 PM7/14/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Rock!

Is that the whole space?

- Adam

Mark Huson

Jul 14, 2009, 6:01:42 PM7/14/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com, baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
That is their main room but the other room is only for the laser cutter. Seeing theirs I would say it is only a bit larger than LoF. Also instead of renting a garage for storage like we were thinking the loft they built looks like it works reallly well.

Jon Lesser

Jul 14, 2009, 6:12:34 PM7/14/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Nice pictures!

That loft is a great idea for any space with high ceilings. Rolling
bookcase ladder FTW?!

-Jon
--
http://jonlesser.net

Patrick Roanhouse - Plan8

Jul 14, 2009, 6:55:25 PM7/14/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys I just talked to the guys who operate MDLogix. They own their whole building of which they only use really 2 floors of a 5 floor space on Baltimore Street.  just email in...@mdlogix.com for more info. I will get more info after the ROR meetup is done tonight.

Adam D Bachman

Jul 14, 2009, 7:13:34 PM7/14/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Rock! See if you can get word from someone official on lease terms, key holding rights, and organizational independence. Those are probably the biggest issues surrounding the space search.

Are you willing to act as the main point of contact since you've already had conversations with them? It'd probably be nicer than hitting them with five random separately written, similarly themed notes each claiming to represent Node.

- Adam

Patrick Roanhouse - Plan8

Jul 14, 2009, 7:20:27 PM7/14/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I am Senor Ambassador-O! will start up conversation. If we play it right they might even let us use it free or for limited money like $1 Dollar muhahahahhaha INSIDE JOKE FOR THE WIN

Jon Lesser

Jul 15, 2009, 5:37:47 PM7/15/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I couldn't resist designing a loft after seeing the one in the resistor pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonlesser/3724181285/in/set-72157621233280962/

-Jon
--
http://jonlesser.net

David Powell

Jul 15, 2009, 5:55:44 PM7/15/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
It looks like it could use one more corner support where it's missing by the man and the couch. Other than that it looks good.

David Powell

Jul 15, 2009, 5:58:11 PM7/15/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Also, it would be cool if the stairs raised or folded up to provide more standing room when the loft was not in use.