The big news!

Jon Lesser

Jul 15, 2009, 10:09:54 PM7/15/09
to baltimore-hackerspace-planning
We had a lively meeting tonight and the big news is that enough funds
were pledged to move into the Load of Fun space (120 W North Ave)!! We
are anticipating $768 in monthly dues revenue and $1700 in startup
donations. We're also very encouraged about our ability to grow over
the coming months and years. I will put up all the details in the
meeting notes later tonight.

Here's the plan moving forward:
1) I will file our articles of incorporation and open a bank account this week
2) We will get a copy of the lease for review
3) We will collect money into the Node bank account
4) We will sign the lease and move in August 1st!

This is really exciting. Thanks everyone for contributing so much
enthusiasm and encouragement.

Finally, because we're a particularly ambitious group, we resolved to
hold another workshop in July. The target date is Sunday, July 26th.
There were several topic ideas thrown out and the details will be
hashed out on this list over the coming week.

Cheers,
Jon

--
http://jonlesser.net

Erich

Jul 15, 2009, 10:18:31 PM7/15/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I had to leave the meeting tonight to make it in time for a Freeschool class.

Exciting news indeed, and kudos for all the progress, research and hard work!

For the record, I can donate time, energy, labor, skills, and minor amounts of dollars (heh), but can't commit to monthly dues yet.  I look forward to helping Baltimore Node grow and be successful.

I will review and comment on wiki info shortly.

Best,
Erich

David Powell

Jul 15, 2009, 10:19:27 PM7/15/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Congrats guys! It's very ambitious to move so fast but it sounds like you have the support to make it happen. Let us (Harford Hackerspace) know if you would like a hand decorating the place and building the loft.

David

Mark Huson

Jul 15, 2009, 11:08:45 PM7/15/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Here is the photo of us all in front of the space!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7557283@N07/3724950293/in/pool-1127918@N24

Jon Lesser

Jul 16, 2009, 12:09:32 AM7/16/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I put up my notes from the meeting notes:
http://wiki.baltimorenode.org/index.php?title=2009-07-15_Meeting_Notes

This spreadsheet is linked from the notes. It contains first names and
the amounts pledged. Please check it over for accuracy and let me know
if I have misrepresented your intentions. There will be more
discussion about the best way to move money around, but assuming
things proceed as hoped, expect that startup donations and first
month's dues will be due in a little less than two weeks.
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=tiC-_OGDpVnS0XOtdEYfhSg

-Jon
--
http://jonlesser.net

Jon Lesser

Jul 16, 2009, 12:16:21 AM7/16/09
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Jon Lesser<jonl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I put up my notes from the meeting notes:
What I'm simply saying here is that I took some notes at the meeting
and then I wrote up some notes on those meeting notes and put those
notes on the wiki.
--
http://jonlesser.net

Erich

Jul 16, 2009, 12:31:27 AM7/16/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Clearly indeed!

Adam D Bachman

Jul 16, 2009, 7:42:13 AM7/16/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Pre August 1st for pleged donations and verbally committed members dues is about what I figured.

- adam

Matthew Forr

Jul 16, 2009, 11:24:55 AM7/16/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Also...congrats us!!

Todd

Jul 17, 2009, 2:34:02 PM7/17/09
to baltimore-hackerspace-planning
Thank you all for making all of this happen. Nice work! I can't wait
to see the space.

Will it be possible to pay the monthly dues/fees/pledges online?

Thanks again,

Todd