Official Organizational Meeting

Jon Lesser

Jul 17, 2009, 5:53:49 PM7/17/09
to baltimore-hackerspace-planning
So now that we are officially incorporated, we need to have an
official organizational meeting. This will have to be a somewhat
formal meeting because things decided at the meeting will have legal
implications. We're all more excited to get into the space and start
creating, but we need to get this stuff out of the way.

I'll mail out an agenda before the meeting this time, but at high
level, what we need to do is: officially confer membership on people,
ratify the bylaws, and elect officers.

The first step is to figure out a time on Thursday, Friday, or
Saturday and a place. A Saturday brunch meeting, say 11am to 1pm
sounds pretty good to me (I'd bring the cereal, cantaloupe, and
coffee), but I'm very flexibility. For a place, we need someplace
quiet and accessible.

- Conference room at ETC (http://bit.ly/PNh6L). I haven't been there,
but I hear it's available and free
- Poe room at Enoch Pratt (http://bit.ly/2iZ9t). Free for non-profits
for upto 4 hours.
- MICA (113 North Ave.) Quiet and nice, but public access is not the best.
- 2640?

Thoughts?
-Jon

ps. People have been asking about how to pay dues. An online option is
in the works. Details for paying by check or cash coming soon.

--
http://jonlesser.net

Patrick Roanhouse - Plan8

Jul 17, 2009, 6:19:46 PM7/17/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I vote ETC.

Plenty of parking in the parking garage after 5:00pm on the weekdays
and free on the weekends. The room is quite nice and large and we can
do presentations easily. Also there are plenty of little spots for us
to get drinks or food or what ever if need be. Question though are you
talking about this saturday or next saturday? Because this Saturday
will be insane to get anywhere in Baltimore because of Otakon and
Artscape.

Jon Lesser

Jul 17, 2009, 6:37:12 PM7/17/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I'm talking next Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. (July 23rd, 24th, or 25th).

What does one need to do to reserve the ETC room? Is there any cost?

-Jon
--
http://jonlesser.net

Sepideh Miller

Jul 17, 2009, 6:39:13 PM7/17/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I can do Friday and possibly Thursday, but I am out of town on Saturday.

Patrick Roanhouse - Plan8

Jul 17, 2009, 6:40:18 PM7/17/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I'm good for Friday or Saturday

Steven Stowell

Jul 18, 2009, 9:49:31 AM7/18/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Thurs-Fri after 7:00
Saturday earlyish
SS

Steven Stowell

Jul 18, 2009, 2:25:49 PM7/18/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, take back Saturday.  I can only meet Thursday or Friday after 5.
Steve

Matthew Forr

Jul 18, 2009, 2:38:24 PM7/18/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Whenever is good for me.

-Matthew Forr

Kelly Egan

Jul 18, 2009, 2:42:51 PM7/18/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I vote Friday.

Mark Huson

Jul 18, 2009, 2:47:37 PM7/18/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I'm free when ever as well.

patrick roanhouse - plan8

Jul 18, 2009, 3:58:12 PM7/18/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
I vote friday as well thursday I'm busy at bmore hackers at etc
-----------------------
Sent from my Treo(r) smartphone

-Matthew Forr

&g

Jon Lesser

Jul 19, 2009, 12:41:01 PM7/19/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
OK. Friday evening it is. I'll look into reserving the ETC space.

-Jon
--
http://jonlesser.net

Alan Grover

Jul 20, 2009, 6:58:37 AM7/20/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
Ask me to reserve the ETC. room. Free.

--
Alan Grover
awgr...@mail.msen.com

(The "email signature" and/or digital-signature
are only for informational and integrity purposes
and does not constitute a legal signature)

signature.asc

Jon Lesser

Jul 21, 2009, 6:07:19 PM7/21/09
to baltimore-hackerspace-planning
Alan reserved the ETC conference room (with a projector) for 7pm to
9pm this Friday, the 24th.

The address is 2400 Boston St. Alan says, "The entrance is a bit hard
to find, it says 'ETC' in a very subdued way. Here it's marked exactly
with green arrow: http://bit.ly/EE2vD "

We will try to move through the bureaucratic parts as efficiently as
possible so we have some time to talk about fun things. I'll send an
agenda out tomorrow and bring some fluid refreshment on Friday. This
would also be a great time to bring a check for August dues.

-Jon

--
http://jonlesser.net

Jon Lesser

Jul 23, 2009, 11:46:18 AM7/23/09
to baltimore-hackerspace-planning
Here is an agenda for the meeting on Friday at 7pm in the ETC (2400 Boston St.).
http://wiki.baltimorenode.org/index.php?title=2009-07-24_Meeting_Notes#Agenda

Also, the donation box is now live on baltimorenode.org. You can pay
dues online with this box or bring cash or check (made out to
"Baltimore Node") to the meeting on Friday.

-Jon

--
http://jonlesser.net

Adam D Bachman

Jul 23, 2009, 11:59:05 AM7/23/09
to baltimore-hacke...@googlegroups.com
If you're paying your dues or donating online, add a couple bucks to cover the google checkout fee (I think the exact number is something like $0.30, plus %2.9 or $1.75 for a $50 transaction -- http://checkout.google.com/seller/fees.html). Otherwise a check is preferred. We only ask for this consideration since we have no profit worked into our rates, so every penny counts.

- Adam