about SEFI student strategy

1 view

Katariina Nyman

Dec 4, 2008, 3:40:52 AM12/4/08
to su...@googlegroups.com, balteche...@googlegroups.com, stud...@baltech.info
Dear all,
SEFI (European society for engineering education) has launched a project about creating a student strategy for years 2009-2014. The strategy draft written by SEFI vice-president Kati Korhonen-Yrjänheikki from Finland is based on the output of the workshop "How to develop cooperation with engineering students in SEFI" held in the annual conference July 2008.

Now SEFI would like to have comments about the strategy from as many stakeholders as possible. Kati has asked me to spread the word about this strategy to student organizations I have contact with. I hope you would read the attached draft and send comments to tiina.l...@tek.fi. Kati's email address is kat...@tek.fi if you have any further questions about the draft.

I personally think this strategy is a great step forward. It would force SEFI to change to a more attractive direction for students and student organizations. I hope this will increase your interest in SEFI and we will have more student participants in the next annual conference in Rotterdam 1-4 July.

I have also added this file to the googlegroups "baltechexchanges" and "SUNTU". If you want more information about SEFI, you can also find my report about the annual conference 2008 there.

Feel free to contact me about anything related SEFI. Or actually, as I am about to finish my term in TKY, it will be the next person responsible of international affairs at TKY. His name is Mikko Sjöberg and he will take over things related to SEFU, SUNTU and Baltech. He's a great guy, you'll hear from him in January.

Thanks for everybody for this year and see you somewhere, sometime!

Katariina Nyman
Hallituksen jäsen, kansainväliset asiat
Teknillisen korkeakoulun ylioppilaskunta
09 468 3275 | 050 375 2212 | http://www.tky.fi/

Member of Executive Board, International Affairs
Student Union of Helsinki University of Technology
+358 9 468 3275 | +358 50 375 2212 (gsm)
katarii...@tky.fi | http://www.tky.fi/en

SEFI_studentstrategy_draft261108.pdf