subsample binary conflicts with binary in phylobayes

Skip to the first unread message

joseph.r...@gmail.com

16 Aug 2018, 10:05:2816/08/2018
to bali-phy-users
The bali-phy distribution includes a binary named "subsample"  PhyloBayes also includes a program called "subsample" which is already in my main PATH (/usr/local/bin/).  Is it absolutely necessary that the bali-phy "subsample" binary be accessible from the path.  Is there any way you could rename "subsample" to "bali-subsample" or something like that in a future version? It would be nice if all binaries from the package had a common prefix. Thanks!

Benjamin Redelings

18 Aug 2018, 00:17:3818/08/2018
to bali-ph...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for pointing this out.  'subsample' is a pretty generic name. I didn't realize it conflicted with phylobayes though.  I will try to fix that in version 3.4.  Prefixing everything with bali- would certainly solve the problem... I'm weighing the pros and cons on that.

-BenRI