hnc

Vlad Patryshev

Dec 15, 2012, 6:04:58 PM12/15/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
https://github.com/kayuri/HNC

I wonder if someone could give a talk...

Thanks,
-Vlad

Ian Zimmerman

Dec 15, 2012, 7:23:30 PM12/15/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 15:04:58 -0800
Vlad Patryshev <vpatr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> https://github.com/kayuri/HNC

The README doesn't say what it does ;-)

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD

Vlad Patryshev

Dec 15, 2012, 7:32:06 PM12/15/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
Oh.

It does to C what CoffeScript does to JS.

Thanks,
-Vlad

Ivan Tarasov

Dec 15, 2012, 9:20:18 PM12/15/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
You mean, it provides a compiler for a strange language, that can't even compile deterministically? :-)

Vlad Patryshev

Dec 15, 2012, 10:23:04 PM12/15/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
Does it? I was not aware...

Thanks,
-Vlad

Ivan Tarasov

Dec 16, 2012, 2:36:00 AM12/16/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
We had some bad experience with it at RethinkDB and I really wasn't impressed with the stuff the compiler was doing (there was some bizarre compilation race condition that you really don't want to see when you're compiling your sources). On the whole, it looked like it was pretty immature.

Jason Dusek

Dec 16, 2012, 3:58:03 PM12/16/12
to baha...@googlegroups.com
What language does this compile? It says .spl on the files but this
appears not to be the SPL of days gone by:

http://svn.clifford.at/spl/trunk/hanoi.spl

--
Jason Dusek
pgp // solidsnack // C1EBC57DC55144F35460C8DF1FD4C6C1FED18A2B