Week of March 11th, 2011

Troy King

Mar 13, 2011, 9:40:09 PM3/13/11
to bageltec...@googlegroups.com

Welcome to the Bagel Tech Network!

Bagel Tech Spam Newsletter

What is The Spam? We deliver the latest in consumer tech news that is punchy and entertaining. This is the announce only list for the Bagel Tech Network shows. This is not a discussion list, Each announcement contains the stories from all of our shows and is posted weekly. You will receive 4-5 emails per month. Below are our shows and the latest tech news you need to know.

Bandwidth and hosting for the Bagel Tech Network is provided by UK2.net. Web hosting for everyone.

Bagel Tech Big

Subscribe RSS Audio | Website
Garageband for iPad
Discussion of the week: Apps for iOS and Android: What's the way forward?
Cool Thingy's:
Ewen: Amazon's ordering system (for proper movie substitution)
Troy: Foursquare 3.0 for Android
Kyle: Tinted Sheen, the Charlie Sheen Browser Blocker
Sarah: Foodspotting for Android
Erik: F.lux

Bagel Tech Media

Subscribe RSS Audio | Video | Website
Download a Bunch of Free and Legal Music from Epitonic
LimeWire Settles Copyright Infringement Case
iTunes 10.2.1 Fixes a Couple Bugs In 10.2
Microsoft's Ventura could be a cloud music / video platform, have something to do with Zune
H2O Shower Powered Radio blasts the Biebs by way of micro-turbine
Like.fm Tracks Your Music Listening Everywhere for Better Discovery
Hollywood Openly Wants to Turn Netflix Into a Cesspool of Shitty Movies You Don't Want to Watch
Next New Networks purchased by yesterday's old YouTube, more custom content on the way
Android's everywhere! Xtreamer PVR to serve up a heaping helping of Froyo in your home theater

Bagel Tech Rage

Subscribe RSS Audio | Video | Website
HP webOS plans could irritate Microsoft
AOL CEO says “layoffs today, bright future ahead”
Coalition to Save our GPS fights to retain the service
Google to face antitrust in senate
Microsoft confirms another delay in WIndows Phone 7 update
Apple’s Safari browser has been hacked

Bagel Tech Foto

Subscribe RSS Audio | Website
Canon's Rebel T3i / 600D reviewed: not exactly a compelling upgrade
Superheadz Necono 3 megapixel kitty camera might tolerate you
Nikon d800 interchangable sensor
Analog Photo Filters coming to App Store
Panasonic Lumix Pricing for 2011
Questions:
1. Thanks for the help last week, turns out that the problem is as Ewen said, Progressive JPGs not working with the photo frame. Sorry to hog the questions, but now I know that, how do I change the files to the right format. Sorry but I don't have a flash photo editing program.
Thanks again
Mark Davies - Brighton

2. Hi Gents. Love the podcast, thanks.
I am a real novice and only using a compact camera (Panasonic Lumix though) and you guys have inspired me to start playing with the manual settings. Please can you explain 'F-Stop' to me in simple terms and how to use it properly. I have asked a few people but always walked away confused.
Gary Indiana

3. Loving the podcast guys, keep up the good work.
Rather stupidly, I managed to scratch my lens taking off my UV FIlter which protects it. Its not a huge scratch but is there anything I can do to get rid of it or even make it just a little better.
Thanks
Ashamed of Manchester

Bagel Tech Droid

Subscribe RSS Audio | Video | Website
Google squashes a big Marketplace Bug
Google flipped the kill switch on infected apps
Scoreloop brings developers and games to Android
Verizon sues SMS scammers
Analyst rips into Honeycomb calling it “for the geeks”
Xoom gets 10.2 to prepare for the release of Flash on March 18th
Apps:
Feedly
Foursquare 3.o

Bagel Tech Mac

Subscribe RSS Audio | Website
iThingy's:
Andrew - The old 6 and 4 startup. Boot OS X into 64 bit mode and reap the performance benifits.
Kyle: Stream To Me for Mac (Mac App Store)
Ewen: Istopmotion - Boinx Software £29.99 - Mac Apps Store
Will: iTunesU - Vintage Mac Video 0 Georgia College - State University - Library of old Alex: Air Display

Have a review and don't know where to stick it? Post it on iTunes! We greatly appreciate your support!