PEAR now renders Baetle

1 view

Daniel O'Connor

Jun 16, 2009, 1:50:43 AM6/16/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com

Henry Story

Jun 22, 2009, 9:22:19 AM6/22/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com
Very nice. I like the idea of the xmlns.com namespace.

We should speak to Dan Brickley about that.

As I was not able to get cwm to parse the rss, I can only say that it
looks like what you have done is very reasonable. I need to look at it
closer.

On 16 Jun 2009, at 07:50, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Check it out in all of its shinyness:
> http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=1749
>
> has an rss 1.0 feed with baetle:
> http://pear.php.net/feeds/bug_1749.rss

Oddly when I first tried that it worked on the validator, the second
time it did not.

[[
An attempt to load the RDF from URI 'http://pear.php.net/feeds/bug_1749.rss'
failed. (Undecodable data when reading URI at byte 4141 using
encoding 'UTF-8'. Please check encoding and encoding declaration of
your document.)
]]

Henry Story

Jun 22, 2009, 11:06:44 AM6/22/09
to Henry Story, bae...@googlegroups.com
Another thought Daniel,

I saw you're active on the foaf+ssl [1] list. If you control the Pear
software, it would be really cool to add foaf+ssl authentication there
too.

Two ways I can think of:
- just as a way of avoiding people to create an account to submit
bugs
- members of a project could be identified via their doap file. All
members of a doap file could log in automatically, and get special
privileges...

Henry

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl

Toby A Inkster

Jun 22, 2009, 11:54:38 AM6/22/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com
On 16 Jun 2009, at 06:50, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> has an rss 1.0 feed with baetle:
> http://pear.php.net/feeds/bug_1749.rss

This feed defines <http://pear.php.net/bugs/1749> as being (i.e.
rdf:type) an rss:channel, a baetle:Bug and an rss:item. I'm not sure,
but I think some of those are probably disjoint concepts.

It also says that the bug's reporter has a foaf:mbox_sha1sum. However
FOAF's domain restriction on mbox_sha1sum, is that makes the reporter
a foaf:Agent. However, in baetle, the reporter is a sioc:User, which
is (mostly) a logically disjoint concept. Simple solution to that is
to replace this:

<foaf:mbox_sha1sum>d190ee5ce0c2d5ffb4769 87133c63ac477936cab</
foaf:mbox_sha1sum>

With this:

<sioc:has_owner
foaf:mbox_sha1sum="d190ee5ce0c2d5ffb476987133c63ac477936cab" />

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:ma...@tobyinkster.co.uk>

Daniel O'Connor

Jun 22, 2009, 7:31:13 PM6/22/09

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Henry Story <henry...@gmail.com> wrote:

Another thought Daniel,

I saw you're active on the foaf+ssl [1] list. If you control the Pear
software, it would be really cool to add foaf+ssl authentication there
too.

Two ways I can think of:
  - just as a way of avoiding people to create an account to submit
bugs
  - members of a project could be identified via their doap file. All
members of a doap file could log in automatically, and get special
privileges...

Yeah,. that would be neat, but I'm a little hesitant at the moment. I don't have my head fully around the mechanics of foaf+ssl, the rdf parsing tools available in PHP/PEAR aren't super (heck, I use xpath most of the time :S), plus the pearweb code is somewhat ... creaky.

So: if you can sell me on the ease of doing this, by all means, please do!

Daniel O'Connor

Jun 22, 2009, 9:42:07 AM6/22/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com

> Check it out in all of its shinyness:
> http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=1749
>
> has an rss 1.0 feed with baetle:
> http://pear.php.net/feeds/bug_1749.rss

Oddly when I first tried that it worked on the validator, the second
time it did not.

[[
An attempt to load the RDF from URI 'http://pear.php.net/feeds/bug_1749.rss'
 failed. (Undecodable data when reading URI at byte 4141 using
encoding 'UTF-8'. Please check encoding and encoding declaration of
your document.)
]]

Yeah, that's been bugging me too. There's a non UTF 8 character in there that needs escaping properly I haven't gotten around to.
http://pear.php.net/feeds/bug_1750.rss

is probably a bit better :)

Henry Story

Jun 23, 2009, 5:06:25 AM6/23/09
to Daniel O'Connor, bae...@googlegroups.com, Melvin Carvalho

On 23 Jun 2009, at 01:31, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:36 AM, Henry Story
> <henry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Another thought Daniel,
>>
>> I saw you're active on the foaf+ssl [1] list. If you control the Pear
>> software, it would be really cool to add foaf+ssl authentication
>> there
>> too.
>>
>> Two ways I can think of:
>> - just as a way of avoiding people to create an account to submit
>> bugs
>> - members of a project could be identified via their doap file. All
>> members of a doap file could log in automatically, and get special
>> privileges...
>>

> Yeah,. that would be neat, but I'm a little hesitant at the moment.
> I don't
> have my head fully around the mechanics of foaf+ssl, the rdf parsing
> tools
> available in PHP/PEAR aren't super (heck, I use xpath most of the
> time :S),

You can use http://arc.semsol.org/

That is what other php programmers use. It seems to work well enough
to do the things we are looking at doing now.

> plus the pearweb code is somewhat ... creaky.
>
> So: if you can sell me on the ease of doing this, by all means,
> please do!

If you are using php, then you may want to look at how Melvin Carvalho
did it on foaf.me
He documented what he did here:

http://foaf.me/documentation.php

The php for verifying the certificate is here:

https://foaf.me/testLibAuthentication.php

And I think the code is somewhere on github. Melvin should be updating
the documentation to make that a bit clearer.

Henry