Quick note / pear.php.net's bug tracker will be speaking baetle soon

Daniel O'Connor

Jun 14, 2009, 9:26:00 AM6/14/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,
I just coaxed the pear.php.net bugtracker to render out baetle rdf [1]. It'll go live in the next little while.

The experience of implementing it was pretty trivial, though I could have done with a few rdf/xml or rdfa examples to be honest [2].

It's also a bit unfortunate that http://xmlns.com/baetle/# isn't resolvable to any human readable docs.

How many other implementations are out there?
Has anyone done RDFa + baetle, in say, trac? (since, well, google/yahoo/etc are starting to parse this stuff)
Has anyone built any consumer tools for it?

1) http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/pearweb/public_html/bugs/rss/rdf.php?view=markup
2) http://code.google.com/p/baetle/wiki/Examples

Olivier Berger

Jun 16, 2009, 5:14:28 PM6/16/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com
Le dimanche 14 juin 2009 à 22:56 +0930, Daniel O'Connor a écrit :
> Hey guys,
> I just coaxed the pear.php.net bugtracker to render out baetle rdf
> [1]. It'll go live in the next little while.
>
> The experience of implementing it was pretty trivial, though I could
> have done with a few rdf/xml or rdfa examples to be honest [2].
>
> It's also a bit unfortunate that http://xmlns.com/baetle/# isn't
> resolvable to any human readable docs.
>
> How many other implementations are out there?

Dunno... my impression was that EvoOnt BOM was gaining more interest
dans the proposal for baetle maybe ?

> Has anyone done RDFa + baetle, in say, trac? (since, well,
> google/yahoo/etc are starting to parse this stuff)
> Has anyone built any consumer tools for it?

We're interested in trying to do such things.
Some of our ideas are in the paper you'll find here :
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2009/06/06/presentation-at-wopdasd-2009-weaving-a-semantic-web-across-oss-repositories-a-spotlight-on-bts-link-udd-swim/

In any case, don't hesitate to share your progress here.

My 2 cents,

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier...@it-sudparis.eu>
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC

Daniel O'Connor

Jun 16, 2009, 9:41:12 PM6/16/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com

> It's also a bit unfortunate that http://xmlns.com/baetle/# isn't
> resolvable to any human readable docs.
>
> How many other implementations are out there?

Dunno... my impression was that EvoOnt BOM was gaining more interest
dans the proposal for baetle maybe ?

Aww.

If that's the case, any chance of putting up strong, clear links to their site on the baetle one?

'Cause "EvoOnt BOM" doesn't clue you in that its a bug-ontology-model very well.

Olivier Berger

Jun 22, 2009, 11:26:48 AM6/22/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com

I don't know myself what's best... and until enough people have
implemented either of the ontologies proposed around, I guess we're
cursed to remain in the current ambiguities. That's why your current
efforts on the PEAR bugtracker are very valuable.

In any case, a bit of OWL should help render them interoperable, I
suppose ;)

Any comments welcome.