Which version of SOM is the most up-to-date?

1 view

liyf

Mar 28, 2009, 6:26:27 AM3/28/09
to baetle
Hi list,

I found EvoOnt through google and it's quite related to what I want to
develop. However, I find the 2 som.owl ontologies in the baetle site
[1] and the EvoOnt site [2] are different and it seems that [2] is
more recent (comparing the URI and the svn head date).

However, [1] contains more OWL entites such as Package, which is
missing from [2]. Can someone please let me know which one is the
"supported" one? Thank you!

Best regards
Yuan-Fang

1. http://code.google.com/p/baetle/source/browse/evoont/trunk/som/som.owl
2. http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/ddis/evoont/2008/11/som/som.owl

Jonas Tappolet

Mar 31, 2009, 3:16:58 AM3/31/09
to bae...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I usually put the newest versions of the ontologies on the EvoOnt page:
http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/ddis/evo. The most
actual one can be found under its namespace
http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/ddis/evoont/2008/11/som/. The concept Package was not
removed from
the ontology. It was renamed to "Namespace" which, in my opinion, better
reflects the concept of modularization in software code.

Regards

Jonas