BOK this Sunday - Event, Workshop, Pizza

Joseph Huberman

Feb 1, 2016, 9:22:12 PM2/1/16
to BackwoodsOK

This is a Triple Event:

  1. Advanced Training Workshop – 10am  (for people moving up to or wanting to improve in Orange)
  2. Members Classic Event at Advanced and Expert Difficulty – Noon
  3. Pizza Lunch – 2pm (we supply the pizza you bring a side: drinks, dessert, salad, etc.)
You should pre-register for this event at http://backwoodsok.org/event-registration.  Be sure to register separately for the Workshop and Orienteering event, and check the box if you will be staying for lunch.

At 10am February 7, 2016 we will start an Advanced Difficulty Training Workshop for people who want to improve their Orange level skills.   We should finish around Noon so there will be time to run the Orange course at the Birkhead event that starts at Noon at the same location and then finish at the Pizza Lunch.  The workshop is open to all BOK Members, and there is no charge.

At noon the Members Classic Advanced – Expert event will start.  We will have all the courses from Orange through Blue.  We will meet at Gray Owl (1725 Gray Owl Road, Asheboro, NC).

Near the end of the event we will have a Pizza Lunch.  You don’t need to bring anything, we will supply the Pizzas, but sides are welcome if you would like to bring something.

For the workshop we will start out with a class pointing out some Advanced strategies to help people on the Orange course or those who are moving up to Orange from Yellow.  This will include techniques like Catch Features, Aiming Off, Attack Points, and Map Handling.  After the class we will go into the forest and practice following our course on a map while running, relocating, and map memory.

You should register for the workshop separately from the event, so be sure to register for both if you are coming.  The orange course will be designed so you can practice the skills learned in the workshop.