Relay this Sunday Jan 13, 2019

Joseph Huberman

Jan 9, 2019, 7:36:42 PM1/9/19
to BackwoodsOK
We have a "Members Advanced" relay at Umstead Park West this Sunday Jan. 12, 2019 with a mass start at noon.
There could be some unpleasant weather so be sure to check the website at 10am the morning of the event.

I will bring a tent and there are some creative ways we can run the relay so we have less standing around time...
Here is one suggestion:  The long course runners mass start at noon.  The short course runners mass start when the first long course runner returns.  Each runner can rest as long or short a time between loops as he or she likes.  Rest time is off the clock.  The goal of these changes is to minimise people standing around wet waiting for their partner to return.

Normally we run an event in any weather except snow when footprints offer a big advantage to later runners.
In the case of this event we will postpone the event if:
  1. Umstead Park is Closed or
  2. The roads are unsafe for Josef to get here in the morning to set the controls.
A final determination as to if the event will be held will be made by 10am so if in doubt check BackwoodsOK.org

Joseph Huberman