New Years Day Relay for Members

Joseph Huberman

Dec 28, 2016, 10:42:23 AM12/28/16
to BackwoodsOK
DATE: JANUARY 1, 2017
TIME: 10 AM - Arrive early for pre-race briefing.
DIRECTOR: JOSEF & KEN.
LOCATION: UMSTEAD WEST
EVENT TYPE: MEMBERS - RELAY

Josef will be setting his New Years Day Relay to start at 10am at the Umstead West location.
The event starts at 10am, but you should arrive 30 minutes early for the briefing.

Here is how it works:  Each relay team is composed of two people. There are 6 loops, 3 long and 3 short.  One person takes the short loops, and the other the long loops.  The first person runs their loop and when returning the other person runs and so on, until everyone has run their three loops.  The controls are all confined to a relatively small area, so there are lots of controls that you will see. You need to be careful to punch the correct control.  If you arrive at an incorrect control, remember where it is, because you will probably get it on another loop.  It's lots of fun especially because we are socializing while waiting for our partner to return.

Joseph Huberman

Dec 29, 2016, 10:43:38 AM12/29/16
to BackwoodsOK

Josef is ill and won't be able to hold the event on New Years Day.  We are tentatively scheduling it for January 8, 2017, but we will need both Park approval and Josef to feel better.  Stay tuned for an update.