Jan. 7 Lake Johnson Sprint Open Event - Everyone is welcome

1 view

Joseph Huberman

Jan 7, 2016, 10:32:49 AM1/7/16
to BackwoodsOK
WhoEveryone is welcome
What: Lake Johnson Sprint Open event
WhereAthan Drive School Stadium Parking at Lake Johnson's NW edge.
When: This Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pre-register for this Event

Everyone is welcome at the Lake Johnson Sprint Open event.

We will have the usual beginners class at 12:30.  We will be using the Southwest quadrant of the park.  The parking and access to the start is from the Athan Drive School Stadium Parking, and then a 1.25K walk over the headwaters boardwalk and past the E end of the lake to the start.

We have 4 courses about 2K each.  Two courses are Sprint style, that is short legs with lots of direction changes, and one course is Classic style with long legs and more complex route choice.  These are Advanced (Orange) level courses.  There is also a Beginner/Intermediate (White/Yellow) level course. Most of this course is Beginner level with short legs that follow trails and other linear features.  Some of the trails are indistinct.

Since we have so many courses, and you may want to take more than one, please pre-register for the event and indicate which courses you would like to take.  All the courses are about 2 km including the "Classic" course.  If we have a large turnout we may need to recycle the maps when you finish your course.  If you pre-register then you can take as many of the courses as you have time for without an additional map fee.

Joseph Huberman

Jan 7, 2016, 10:56:43 AM1/7/16
to BackwoodsOK
I have corrected the spelling of the location so you can find it :-)

Athens Drive School Stadium Parking at Lake Johnson's NW edge.

On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 10:32:49 AM UTC-5, Joseph Huberman wrote:
WhoEveryone is welcome
What: Lake Johnson Sprint Open event
WhereAthens Drive School Stadium Parking at Lake Johnson's NW edge.
When: This Sunday, January 10, 2016

Pre-register for this Event

Everyone is welcome at the Lake Johnson Sprint Open event.

We will have the usual beginners class at 12:30.  We will be using the Southwest quadrant of the park.  The parking and access to the start is from the Athens Drive School Stadium Parking, and then a 1.25K walk over the headwaters boardwalk and past the E end of the lake to the start.