Match validation on 2 password fields with input masked

Don Bradford

Jul 31, 2013, 12:24:58 PM7/31/13
to backbon...@googlegroups.com
I'm just coming up to speed on backbone-forms. my user model contains  password and passwordConfirm fields.  my goal is to ensure these fields match and provide input to the user as soon as possible.   when i specify a match validator on the passwordConfirm field, the input is displayed unmasked and validation doesn't fire until form.commit().   Is there a way to achieve this using standard editors and validators (i assume it's a common case) or do i need to add an event handler for blur on the passwordConfirm field?

Thanks
Don

Scott Dutton

Aug 21, 2013, 7:36:16 AM8/21/13
to backbon...@googlegroups.com
I would listen for the change event. Otherwise you would have to commit() each time you needed to check.

Change or Blur would be fine