Smokeshow: If a baseball game falls in the spring, does JazzHands make a sound?

Andres Clarens

Mar 5, 2022, 8:14:34 PM3/5/22
to Backblasts (F3 Cville)

When: 3/04/2022

QIC: Spicoli
The PAX: Shank, Q-Sak, True North, Crop Top, Cheesy Poof, Spicoli
AO: Smokeshow

Total Time: 45 min

NAKED MOLESKIN (NMS): With both the smokeshow and the code red boys at subcritical mass, we combined forces to show the baseball owners and players who has the real game. And it was a thriller: @croptop made it to third base for the first time ever @shank told us about what the baseball locker room is really like @Q-sak ran the bases fast enough to finally qualify for Boston @truenorth hit nothing but grandslams, like he does. @Cheesy showed up only for the climax, the way he often does. Here's how it went down:

Theme:
F3 Baseball
Time
5:30

WARM-O-RAMA

Side Straddle Hop

3rd Graders

Merkins

LBC

Don Quixote

THE THANG

F3 baseball (four teams, each time you round home base, 1 point, team effort, crab walk the bases)
0:15

5:50

1st base - 120 merkins

2nd base - 120 squats

3rd base - 120 LBCs

home base - 120 burpees

Triple Check

0:15

6:05

Pull ups

Box Jumps

Time Keeper: Run the bases

Sugar cookie

25 Supermans while kicking legs in cadence. Sprint to dirt infield and do 25 hand-release merkins followed by big boys. Rinse and repeat 3 rounds.

Mary

Low Slow Flutters
J-Lows
0:01

6:07

Freddie Mercuries

0:01

6:08

Penguin Crunches

0:01

6:09

American Hammers

0:01

6:10

Name, age, F3 name

ANNOUNCEMENTS

FNG Name?

CIRCLE OF TRUST (COT)

A few years back we lived in the Netherlands during the Civil war in Syria. 6 million people left Syria during that conflict and many of them walked into western europe including into the Netherlands, where you could actually see the impacts of this mass and sudden migration. People would be standing around on the street corners in many neighborhood with their kids. The Dutch government was super organized about it and the Dutch people were incredibly open hearted about it. The one dutch family that we made friends with there lived in a relatively small row house and they took in a Syrian family for a few weeks. For me personally there was a dissonance watching this first hand and reading the news from the states where Trump was running for president on a platform of building a wall. Fast forward to this crisis in Europe and watching the news and the violence is horrifying but the shots of the families trying to get their kids and themselves someplace safe is really tough to stomach. All of it is a little abstract for us since the Ukranians are never going to show up here in the numbers they will in Europe. But it is worth pausing to think about what drives our own reluctance to open our doors to those seeking safety and stability for their families. The myth of scarcity actually undermines our own prosperity. In fact, the US' willingness to take in refugees has been a competative advantage for our economy for over a century. It was shameful to watch things go down in Afghanistan and I hope we learn from our mistakes this time around.

An honor to lead, Spicoli