Banksy -- The Return of Nick -- 11-2-21

Matthew Deegan

Nov 3, 2021, 8:35:00 PM11/3/21
to Backblasts (F3 Cville)
Backblast! --The Return of Nick--
Date: Tuesday, 11/2/2021
AO: #ao_shake-n-bake
PAX: @Sledge, @Mercator, @Roadie, @Fracker, @Shrubs, @Bieber, Easement
FNGs: 0
Q: @Dookie
Total: 8
Conditions: (NMS) A cloudy, cool Election Morning greeted the PAX at Curtis Elder Track.  The Banksy regulars joined the circle...and then...a long-lost friend from 3 minutes away.  Nick, is it?  No, I think it's Noel?  Neil?  Oh, it's Nate, aka Bieber.  It was good to see Bieber out on a Tuesday, a rare treat.
YHC took the crew off grounds, first to the McIntire YMCA for some impromptu partner wheelbarrows.  Crampon heckled us from the parking lot, returning to his car from an early-morning swim?  We continued our String of Pearls through Devil's Dice territory, and onto the platform of the Dogwood Vietnam Memorial.  YHC felt it appropriate on Election Day to spend some time with the stories of 27 Charlottesville men who gave everything for our country.  (If they gave their lives, we should at the very least commit the time to vote.)  After some shoulder work, we continued our String of Pearls down the path by Warner Parkway, followed by a fast push back to the track.  Ruckers Blowout and Heisenberg joined us for PLC.

Warm-Up:
·     Side Straddle Hops
·     Don Quixotes
·     3rd Graders
·     Imperial Walkers

*Warm-up lap around track

Thang:
– String of Pearls starting at bridge behind tennis courts, past YMCA, into Devil's Dice land, back on Warner Parkway, and around back of CHS

Thang 1:
-- Partner Wheelbarrow in front of softball fields at McIntire Park
-----Switch partners halfway

-Stopped along the String of Pearls to do various exercises
-Stopped at platform of Dogwood Vietnam Memorial to do arm stuff:
planking alternating should taps, merkins, mountain climbers, tiny soldiers

Mary
·     Low Flutters
·     Captain Thors

Announcements:
·      Sign up to take part in the Bridge Campus workout on Saturdays in Buckingham.
·      Sign up to Q.
·      Bring your M and 2.0s to the F3 picnic at McIntire Park on Sunday, Nov. 7

Count-o-Rama
Name-O-Rama
Q took us out in a brief reflection on the importance of voting on this Election Day.
It's Election Day,  so go vote!  I'll say here what I tell my students: If you complain about your government but do not vote, you forfeit your right to complain.  You lose your credibility.  Charlottesville resident and one of the architects of our democracy, Thomas Jefferson, had this to say:
"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate."
Go vote and be a part of the process!

Thankful for the chance to lead,
Dookie