Banksy -- Be the help -- 11-16-21

Matthew Deegan

Nov 24, 2021, 9:54:06 AM11/24/21
to Backblasts (F3 Cville)
Backblast! --Be the help--
Date: Tuesday, 11/16/2021
AO: #ao_shake-n-bake
PAX: @Sledge, @Unfinished Business, @Easement
FNGs: 0
Q: @Dookie
Total: 4
Conditions: (NMS) A cold, moist morning greeted a quartet of PAX at Curtis Elder Track.  The PAX attended the School of HIIT Exercises via a Billy Madison routine, and we all made it to high school, but didn't graduate.  We have to go the GED route, it seems.  The PAX concluded that it might be impossible graduate in 45 minutes using this particular Billy Madison exercise sequence.  Sledge brought the tasty PLC and UB brought the jokes.

Warm-Up:
·     Side Straddle Hops
·     Don Quixotes
·     3rd Graders
·     Imperial Walkers

*Warm-up lap around track

Thang:
*Exercises are cumulative.  After completing each grade, run 1 lap around track.
Grade 1: LBCs
Grade 2: Monkey humpers
Grade 3: Mountain climbers
Grade 4: Plank jacks
Grade 5: Iron Mikes
Grade 6: Merkins
Grade 7: Flutter kicks
Grade 8: Burpees
Grade 9: Dips
Grade 10: Freddie Mercuries

Mary
·     Low Flutters
·     Captain Thors

Announcements:
·      Sign up to take part in the Bridge Campus workout on Saturdays in Buckingham.
·      Sign up to Q.
·      Contribute to the F3 Fund that supports the group's mission nationwide

Count-o-Rama
Name-O-Rama
Q took us out in a brief reflection on how we can go the extra mile with what we do and say to make Thanksgiving more enjoyable and stress-free for our families.
As we approach Thanksgiving, I've been thinking about relationships.  And as I was working out today, I was thinking about the brother-in-law relationship that Sledge and Unfinished Business have.  You guys are brothers-in-law, but you're also friends.  You enjoy each other's company, and, more deeply, you root for each other and support each other.  It's an example of a strong family relationship.  It's cool to see.

YHC and the M plan to have many out-of-town family members descend on Charlottesville before making our way to Richmond to eat turkey.  I have OK relationships with my in-laws, but there's always room to improve.  So how to do it?  Relationships take work, they take patience, they take listening.  And they take subtle acts and words of kindness, with no expectation of getting anything in return.

So I'll ask these questions for reflection for myself and everyone, with the goal of making Thanksgiving as enjoyable as possible and with keeping relationship-building at the center:
-How can we improve the family's Thanksgiving experience, whether it's playing referee with a political dispute or taking the kid nieces and nephews to a park to give other parents a break?  How can our actions make the experience more enjoyable and memorable?
-How can we intentionally deepen those relationships we have with family that we don't see often?

Thankful for the chance to lead,
Dookie