11/1/21 Northside: Trick or Treat-down!

bjoh...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2021, 7:12:40 PM11/1/21
to Backblasts (F3 Cville)

Date: 11.1.21

AO: #ao_northside

PAX: (9) @Poison, @Scrum, @Red, @Rush, @Clothesline, @Padre, @Dyfus, @Grappler, @Sound Check

FNGs: 0

Q: @JazzHands

Total: 10

Conditions: Upper 40’s, clear and crisp

Naked Moleskin:

The morning after Halloween came extra early and had YHC expecting a small group.  However, by the time the EC and the Carrsbrook crews rolled in we had a solid 10!  We compared trick or treat stories and @Poison is already planning his decorations for 2022.  The workout was simple, but not easy as the Pax was determined to complete the BOMBS with blocks in all its glory.  Good chatter and better company throughout made this 50th Q for YHC just as strong any of the previous ones.

Warm-Up:

SSH x 20

Run to other end of parking lot for Third Graders x 10

Carioca to other end of parking lot for Hillbillies x 15

Carioca to other end of parking lot for Mountain Man Poopers x 12

Run to tables for Dips x 25; Box Jumps/Step ups x 20; Dips x 25

The Thang:

Mosey to pick up the blocks; pair up and one partner carries the block as we mosey to the back baseball field hill

B.O.M.B.S with Blocks

-50 Burpee Block Jump Overs

-100 Overhead Press

-150 Incline or Decline Merkins

-200 Big Boy Situps

-250 Goblet Squats

Mary:

Mosey back to replace blocks and then to the flag

American Hammers x 25

Count-o-Rama

Name-O-Rama

Announcements:

  1. Thursday Leadership Lunch at Bodo's
  2. We raised $250 (plus some) for our fundraiser for gloves for Bridge guys!
  3. F3 Picnic, McIntire Park—11/7 at 12:30pm.  $5 per family
  4. Sign up to Q
  5. Vote tomorrow!!

COT

It is All Saints Day, and it made me think of an old hymn we often sang growing up on the first Sunday in November.

“For all the Saints, who from their labors rest…”

Two verses in particular always speak to me:

4 Oh, blest communion, fellowship divine!
We feebly struggle; they in glory shine,
Yet all are one within your grand design.
Alleluia! Alleluia!

5 And when the fight is fierce, the warfare long,
Steals on the ear the distant triumph-song,
And hearts are brave again and arms are strong.
Alleluia! Alleluia!

Especially as we enter an incredibly busy, but also a hard time for a lot of people, I just wanted to remind us to take time today to honor whoever comes to mind when you think of “saints” or people who have gone before who have made your heart brave or your arms strong in any way.

Always an honor to lead,

Jazz Hands