Banksy -- "Sadistic" Wheelbarrowing -- 10-5-21

Matthew Deegan

Oct 5, 2021, 10:24:11 PM10/5/21
to Backblasts (F3 Cville)
Backblast! --"Sadistic" Wheelbarrowing--
Date: Tuesday, 10/5/2021
AO: #ao_banksy
PAX: @LilJimmy, @Sledge, @Fracker, Easement, @Shrubs
FNGs: 0
Q: @Dookie
Total: 6
Conditions: (NMS) A thick fog made the Gloom feel extra gloomy on this Tuesday.  YHC requested gloves in the pre-blast chatter, an odd ask for a track-based beatdown.  But gloves were necessary for a Thang never tried before in the history of the Curtis Elder Track: a 400m Partner Wheelbarrow.  Sledge and Shrubs had the slickest wheels, barreling across the finish line like pros, even with Sledge insisting the beatdown "sadistic" along the way.  In his second ever showing in the gloom, Easement held his own.  Hope the odd wheelbarrowing doesn't prevent him from showing up for Beatdown #3.  We ran up and down Grove for Thang 2 as Roadie and Bieber snuggled in their beds.  Ruckers Heisenberg and Blowout joined us for Mary and PLC.  Shrubs delivered the caffeinated goodness, as usual.

Warm-Up:
·     Don Quixotes
·     3rd Graders
·     Sun Gods
***1 lap around the track

Thang 1:
– Partner Wheelbarrows for 400m; alternate every 100m = FUN!

-Mosey to Grove Rd.

Thang 2:
-- Partner Run
Partner 1 -- Run in one direction til Meadowbrook Hts. Rd.
Partner 2 -- Run in other direction til Melbourne Rd.
***Meet back at Grove intersection, do 10 partner leg tosses each

Mary:
·      Low Slow Flutters
·     Pickle Pounders
·     Captain Thors

Announcements:
·      Sign up to take part in the Bridge Campus workout on Saturdays in Buckingham.
·      Sign up to Q.
Count-o-Rama
Name-O-Rama
Q took us out in a reflection on how to connect with the M during a busy Fall schedule:
It's been a busy couple months for our house, with the school year kicking into gear.  The M and I aren't getting to share as much quality time together, especially with our 4-year-old and 2-year-old turning bedtime into an 1-hour long affair.  How can we stay connected during this time when we're just not able to spend as much time with just the two of us?  I read a quote from writer C.S. Lewis that grounded my thinking on this:
“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.”
This made me think about how I can do and say little things in small moments that will help communicate to my M how much she matters.

It was an honor to lead,
Dookie