Is it ok to use the mongo URI directly from any MongoDB client?

mrin...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 4:36:50 AM2/19/18
to Back4App
Hi,

I need to use python SDK for some functionality. I was able to hit the mongoDB database without the Parse SDK using the mongoDB database URI from the settings.

1. Is it OK to do so? Is it allowed in your business model?

2. Will the changes made using the SDK appear on the ParseDashboard?

Please reply. In urgent need of clarification.

Thank you.

mrin...@gmail.com

Feb 21, 2018, 3:59:59 AM2/21/18
to Back4App
Hi

Please respond. Really urgent.

Thank you.

nat...@back4app.com

Mar 2, 2018, 10:57:23 AM3/2/18
to Back4App
Hi,

thanks for reaching out!
So, at moment the Python SDK, not is available you can use the REST API. You can use directly it, but we will not be able to measure and ensure that your App is safe, because it is not passing us. Feel free to use the Parse SDK from the plataform that you prefer to modify your database =D

Regards, Natália.

mrin...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2018, 10:10:00 AM3/3/18
to Back4App
Hi

Thank you for the response and the info :)

nat...@back4app.com

Mar 9, 2018, 7:27:11 AM3/9/18
to Back4App
Hi!

If you need any other help, feel free to contact us anytime!

Regards,
Natália.