Feature request

Alexis L.

May 4, 2017, 8:21:09 AM5/4/17
to back{4}app
Hello b4a,

is it possible to have the app name at the top of 'https://dashboard.back4app.com/apps/#!/apps/settings/app_id' ?

also, just wanted to say about the orphan file deletion:
"Don't use the feature if you have Arrays of Files, or Files inside Object columns!"

1) Seriously, It's scary!

2) What does mean "Files inside Object columns"? a file reference in a JS object, the latter stored as a document attribute/field or a file reference as a document attribute/field?

thanks!

casag...@back4app.com

May 4, 2017, 8:29:05 AM5/4/17
to back{4}app
Hello!

Thanks for the feedback, we'll add your suggestion to our backlog and the team will discuss it's implementation.

Explaining the "Files inside Object columns", you are able to create a column of the Object type and add files there. On that case, if you start the orphan files deletion process it won't identify the "Object" file as listed on your S3 storage and will delete it.

The message needs to be strong, since many files can be lost if the user is not aware or click on the button without checking if their orphan files are ready to be deleted.

Best!

Alexis L.

May 4, 2017, 8:32:28 AM5/4/17
to back{4}app

You mean JS Object type, like var foo = {} ?

Also, deleting the system logs, can you think of a way to do this with Express access logs?

What's the max size of the log file before the server starts to complain? is there a log rotate?

casag...@back4app.com

May 4, 2017, 8:53:44 AM5/4/17
to back{4}app
Hello!

I think I wasn't clear, the Object column is located in the Parse Dashboard, like in the image attached on the post. You can upload files to that column like a File type column.

Regarding your question "can you think of a way to do this with Express access logs?", I couldn't really understand what you meant, can you explain it further, please?

Finally, the System logs is part of your database storage, so you may check your plan usage at the billing section in order to know when the database storage is too big and you can delete the Logs.

Best!
ObjectColumn.png

Alexis L.

May 5, 2017, 2:24:45 AM5/5/17
to back{4}app
this guy (see attachment)

ok, so the only references that your clean up job looks for are genuine Parse.File references store as File type in Parse Server? ( and  that's not, is erased)
Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 13.20.19.png

casag...@back4app.com

May 5, 2017, 9:38:23 AM5/5/17
to back{4}app
Hello!

The Purge Orphan Files looks for Files referenced as File Type in your database and, if it finds their reference, they are not erased from your S3 File Storage. Otherwise, if it doesn't find any reference of your file in your database (If it is inside an array or in a object type column) it will delete the file from your S3 File Storage.

Regarding your attached image, we don't have this Feature for the user to delete the Access Logs yet. For the meanwhile you may request it on chat, so we'll do it for you.

Best!

Alexis L.

May 6, 2017, 1:43:09 AM5/6/17
to back{4}app
Ok, fair enough.
Just in case, the access logs will log each REST call, including those originating from iOS SDK.... So that's going to make  A LOT of data....

Is there a log rotate on this stuff, at least ?

casag...@back4app.com

May 8, 2017, 8:30:38 AM5/8/17
to back{4}app
Hello!

Yes, we do a log rotate. However we control that rotate, not leaving it open for the client, thanks to that they are not counted on your plan. So, no needs to worry with that. :)

Best!