Cloud Code testing impossible on Back4App - Timeout

Daniel Sadjadian

Aug 18, 2016, 9:13:01 AM8/18/16
to back{4}app
Hi,

I am currently in the process of editing/testing a new cloud code JS script file on Back4App (for my iOS app). However most of the time, I just get a "timeout" response and as such its basically impossible to test whether or not my cloud code actually works. I know for a fact that the fault lies with Back4App, as my cloud code script is fairly simple and at times, DOES run.

I believe that Back4App have limits (just like any other backend provider) on how many times you can call a cloud code script. The problem with this, is that it makes developing/testing you code really really hard. Most of the time, I just get timeout responses and as such am unable to determine if my code is working or not. Below is the error I am getting:

[Error]: The request timed out. (Code: 100, Version: 1.12.0)
[Error]: Network connection failed. Making attempt 3 after sleeping for 7.921752 seconds.

Is there some sort of developer mode I can use on Back4App, that allows me to test cloud code without worrying that something is going to time out? Otherwise how an earth can I possibly test my code?

Davi Macêdo

Aug 18, 2016, 10:31:47 AM8/18/16
to back{4}app
Hi, Daniel. Please send me your app id? Best!

ayyap...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2016, 11:43:59 PM12/6/16
to back{4}app
How to test cloud code if I already have a version on AppStore?

Davi Macêdo

Dec 8, 2016, 1:16:43 PM12/8/16
to back{4}app
Hi.

You can create a clone of your app (sign in -> click in your app -> clone) and test with the clone.

Best!