Login/Signup error with 'Cannot modify readonly attribute: sessionToken'

mall...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2017, 1:36:01 AM2/8/17
to back{4}app
Hi - This maybe a known issue/bug with Parse server 2.2.24 but thought I would check.

After a user resets the password via the reset password link, it seems the password is successfully updating, however when the user goes to login with the new password, they get an "Internal Server Error" error code 1. I checked the server logs and the logged error is as belows. Any idea how to work around this issue? It wont allow the user to login at all.

Uncaught internal server error. [Error: Cannot modify readonly attribute: sessionToken] Error: Cannot modify readonly attribute: sessionToken
    at ParseSession.options.value (/usr/src/app/node_modules/parse-server/node_modules/parse/lib/node/ParseObject.js:733:17)
    at RestWrite.runAfterTrigger (/usr/src/app/node_modules/parse-server/lib/RestWrite.js:881:17)
    at /usr/src/app/node_modules/parse-server/lib/RestWrite.js:108:18
    at process._tickDomainCallback (node.js:412:9)

mall...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2017, 10:33:00 AM2/8/17
to back{4}app, mall...@gmail.com
Same error gets logged when a new user is registered as well.

mall...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2017, 10:48:48 AM2/8/17
to back{4}app, mall...@gmail.com
I found this issue which describes exactly the bug being encountered. https://github.com/ParsePlatform/parse-server/issues/2952
The workaround they found is to disable afterSave triggers on _Session object.

Alexis L.

Feb 14, 2017, 5:57:36 AM2/14/17
to back{4}app, mall...@gmail.com

Seems you nailed it. I changed the parse version to 2.2.14, and it's working now.... Not sure about the consequence though...

back4app folks, can you please update? when was the default server version changed ? it used to work fine....

thanks.

Alexis L.

Feb 14, 2017, 6:50:10 AM2/14/17
to back{4}app, mall...@gmail.com

ok, changing the server's revision led to all facebook login to fail....
not a good idea!

mall...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 9:57:04 AM2/14/17
to back{4}app, mall...@gmail.com
The workaround is to remove the afterSave trigger for the _Session object. I am wondering if others are not encountering this issue? It should be widespread.

Alexis L.

Feb 14, 2017, 10:27:01 AM2/14/17
to back{4}app, mall...@gmail.com

I don't have an afterSave trigger; symptoms are denied access to ACL protected rows. With this open version of parse, relies entirely in the Session object....

I'm getting cold sweats with that sort of issue.... A status from b4a would really, really be helpful...

amit

Feb 14, 2017, 7:52:03 PM2/14/17
to Alexis L., back{4}app
It's not a user authored trigger - it's in parse code itself... it's really f'ed up user registration and password resets for me. B4a isn't forthcoming with any updates....

On Feb 14, 2017, at 7:27 AM, Alexis L. <kims...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't have an afterSave trigger; symptoms are denied access to ACL protected rows. With this open version of parse, relies entirely in the Session object....

I'm getting cold sweats with that sort of issue.... A status from b4a would really, really be helpful...

Message has been deleted

Alexis L.

Feb 14, 2017, 11:11:29 PM2/14/17
to back{4}app, kims...@gmail.com, mall...@gmail.com
Just out of curiosity, when the problem shows up, do you also have DB access issues for FB users? (on entries readable to authenticated users only)

Amit Malhotra

Feb 14, 2017, 11:37:53 PM2/14/17
to Alexis L., back{4}app
When this problem occurs its only for specific users affected - other users can continue using the app. Due to the afterSave failure on _Session inside Parse code, now that user is unable to do anything…. I haven’t tested with Facebook since it wasn’t applicable for me, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that gets messed up also.

On Feb 14, 2017, at 8:11 PM, Alexis L. <kims...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just out of curiosity, when the problem shows up, do you also have DB access issues for FB users? (on entries readable to authenticated users only)

Alexis L.

Feb 14, 2017, 11:46:57 PM2/14/17
to back{4}app, kims...@gmail.com, mall...@gmail.com, davim...@back4app.com
Ok, thanks.

B4a, it would really be nice to have an update on this. It's been working fine for weeks, now it's failing in totally unpredictable ways.

Is there something we can do to help debug?

amit

Feb 14, 2017, 11:50:19 PM2/14/17
to Alexis L., back{4}app, davim...@back4app.com
I am also trying to get a backup restored by B4A and it's taking forever.... so far can't say the support has been stellar.....

Alexis L.

Feb 14, 2017, 11:54:27 PM2/14/17
to back{4}app, kims...@gmail.com, davim...@back4app.com, mall...@gmail.com
Have you tried DYI using mongo db tools? It should work (I'd give it a spin first on a test version of your db though....)

amit

Feb 15, 2017, 12:15:49 AM2/15/17
to Alexis L., back{4}app, davim...@back4app.com
Yes wiser now ... don't have access to the backup file that I need to restore. I have started keeping my own now :(

casag...@back4app.com

Feb 15, 2017, 12:21:39 PM2/15/17
to back{4}app, kims...@gmail.com, davim...@back4app.com, mall...@gmail.com
Hello everyone,

Any of you who have the Live Query settings checked for

_Session
_Role
_Installation

Please uncheck those settings in order for this issue to be solved. Let us know, then.

Best!

Alexis L.

Feb 15, 2017, 1:08:36 PM2/15/17
to back{4}app, kims...@gmail.com, davim...@back4app.com, mall...@gmail.com