Issue after importing from bson files

naik...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2020, 1:27:15 PM1/30/20
to Back4App
Hi

I am trying to migrate from Heroku. i am using mongodump and then migrate-to-back4app to import.

Import completes successfully but some columns are not visible in one class.

mongodump creates some bson and some json files. Dataset is pretty small. I am selecting existing app and erase option during migration.

What am i missing? I am using free account.

- Ashish

Charles Ramos

Jan 30, 2020, 6:36:07 PM1/30/20
to Back4App
Hi!

The classes were created without all of these columns and that's the reason you're unable to see them.

If you create the column with the same name and type, the data will appear in your dashboard. (:

If you wish, you can also email us (comm...@back4app.com) with the bson files and your app ID and we'll do that for you.

Regards,
Charles Ramos

Ashish Naik

Feb 1, 2020, 6:30:18 AM2/1/20
to Back4App
Hi Charles,

There is an image column in a class which is giving access denied error.

fileKey in back4app 62ed2f74-d117-49b3-9bfe-ff473937cb6e
No filekey in Heroku

Davi Macêdo

Feb 1, 2020, 12:45:16 PM2/1/20
to Back4App
Hi Ashish.

In addition to the database, you also have to migrate the files. Have you tried our migration tool (https://www.back4app.com/parse-migration)? It should move both database and files. If you prefer, you can schedule a time with our engineering team so we can help you in this process: https://calendly.com/back4app/

Best!

Ashish Naik

Feb 1, 2020, 1:44:46 PM2/1/20
to Back4App
yes i did use migration tool and got the issue after that. I have sent database bson files to the email id. Ca that be imported?

Davi Macêdo

Feb 10, 2020, 9:46:25 PM2/10/20
to Back4App
Hi, Ashish. Sorry for the delay here. I looks our team has already figured it out for you right?

Ashish Naik

Feb 11, 2020, 12:15:25 PM2/11/20
to Back4App
No Davi. I had to fix every image and some other issues manually such as pointer not restored, some columns not visible in brow

I had responded to Natalia.

Davi Macêdo

Feb 11, 2020, 11:12:43 PM2/11/20
to Back4App
Got it. Sorry for that. Do you still have any issue with the data?