Blue Light Story (audio)

David

Jun 11, 2018, 3:23:49 AM6/11/18
to Bachelors Grove Cemetery
I was going through some old HDDs to create backups & found an audio file 34:40 in length of the teacher's speech referenced on the Blue Light page ("According to an audio transcript of a speech given by a local school teacher..."). I'm wondering if it's the same recording referenced in the article or if this is from a different taping. The recording was made before my time at the school (early 00's) so I presume this was late 90's. Care to compare for possible story variations? Attempting to attach the file to this post fails presumably due to the file size (79MB).

Pete Crapia

Jun 11, 2018, 4:48:27 PM6/11/18
to Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Hi David,

I was going to try and get back in touch with the person that created the transcript in order to try and get the original audio. I'm glad you got in touch!

You should have received an invitation to a Google Drive folder where you can upload you audio file there. I can't wait to listen to what you have! Is this something that may be added to the Archives for everyone to hear or should it be made private?

Pete C.

David

Jun 11, 2018, 4:53:02 PM6/11/18
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pete,

The .mp3 file has been uploaded to that Google Drive folder. You may want to use an equalizer to raise some of the levels otherwise you'll need to crank the volume. This file was passed down to me from a classmate, but I do not recall who that was. I do recall that it was recorded prior to my time at St Laurence, which was 2001-2005. I don't see why it shouldn't be added to the archives for anyone to hear if they're interested.

David

--
Forum courtesy of www.bachelorsgrove.com

https://sites.google.com/site/bachelorsgrovecemetery/
---

Pete Crapia

Jun 11, 2018, 5:26:32 PM6/11/18
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for uploading this! Yes, this is the same audio recording that matches the "transcript" you asked about. The actual transcript can be found here:

The audio file you sent also has embedded details and shows the name John Kroc which also matches the transcript. I attempted to get in touch with the teacher many years ago and left a message on his voicemail service at the actual school he was attending at the time. Since I didn't hear back from him I assumed he wanted to remain quiet. Rumor at the time was that he was told to stop giving this speech during classes.

I will clean up the audio and provide a video with scrolling text to go along with the speech. I can't thank you enough for coming forward with this audio file! There is more to say about all of this and I will return....

I'll be in touch!

Pete C.

On Monday, June 11, 2018 at 3:53:02 PM UTC-5, David wrote:
Hi Pete,

The .mp3 file has been uploaded to that Google Drive folder. You may want to use an equalizer to raise some of the levels otherwise you'll need to crank the volume. This file was passed down to me from a classmate, but I do not recall who that was. I do recall that it was recorded prior to my time at St Laurence, which was 2001-2005. I don't see why it shouldn't be added to the archives for anyone to hear if they're interested.

David

Pete Crapia

Jun 13, 2018, 8:05:24 PM6/13/18
to Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Here is a copy of the speech that was passed through an audio filter:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10MhRqoLnOB9f8GERPKZbPYnVOb03bcus/view?usp=drivesdk

Incidentally, the teacher may be available to come forward some time in the near future. There is a contact on this end that knows him.

Pete C.