Paranormal Activity Ques - HS Journalism Project - Student

Isabel Alba

Sep 14, 2022, 6:06:02 PM9/14/22
to Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Hi! My name is Isabel and I am a 9th grade Journalism student. I read about Bachelor's Grove Cemetery on your site, particularly the paranormal activity, and found it very interesting.

I am doing a project for my class about this cemetery and was hoping you might want to collaborate?  Would you be willing to share your thoughts with me for my article? I have a few questions; do you think you'd be able to answer these for me? I'd love to be able to cite you as my source. Is that okay with you? Following are my questions. Feel free to get back to me before the 26th if that works. I am really looking forward to your insights!

1. Do you believe in ghosts? Why or why not? When you think of the word ghost, what visuals appear in your mind?
2. What is your definition of ghost? What does the term ghost mean to you?
3. What motivated you to write about this? Why do you believe this is important for readers to acknowledge?
4. Has anything changed paranormally after writing this? Has something changed with the area or the Cemetery itself?
5. Have you personally encountered any ghosts or paranormal activity? If so, how would you describe the experience?

Thank you so much!

faronhurd69

Sep 15, 2022, 12:09:47 AM9/15/22
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
I would be happy to talk about my experience at Bachelors Grove. I can answer your questions. It will be a in day or two. Thank you for your interest

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S9, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone
--
Forum courtesy of www.bachelorsgrove.com

https://sites.google.com/site/bachelorsgrovecemetery/
---

brian danko

Sep 15, 2022, 11:58:49 AM9/15/22
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
Hello Isabel
Thanks for your inquiry and Interest in Bachelor Grove.
Answering your questions.
#1 Yes I Do !
have first hand experience at Bachelor Grove.
This one Appeared as quite large white glowing sphere.
#2 No steadfast definition in my opinion. A Ghost is an apparition
or force trying to make itself known in our world.
#3 They are real and a terrifying experience as a young teenager around 1974.
#4 I now live in Houston TX so I do not know how the cemetery or surrounding area has changed.
#5 My experience goes far beyond just witnessing a spirit or ghost.
there was actual verbal contact. if you want to know more. Reach out and we
can possibly speak of the entire experience.

Thank you
Brian

Pavel Volkov

Sep 17, 2022, 2:52:41 PM9/17/22
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
Hello! Thank you for writing!
Could you please tell me what university of journalism  are you representing?
If you wanna know about Cemetery, there is a small swamp in that place, which can emit methane gas, since this is a property of any swamp.Over time, this gas can cause visual and auditory hallucinations.Modern science today does not have direct evidence of the existence of ghosts, and it explains any paranormal activity by the features of geoanomalous zones that occur due to a break in the earth's crust deep underground.

That's the official explanation, if you would like to know my opinion, well, the truth is out there.

Thank you for your time and best regards,
Paul.

P.S. Yes, they are exist.

Arvo Zylo

Sep 17, 2022, 4:16:10 PM9/17/22
to Bachelors Grove Cemetery
I wrote an article about my experience here

1.  I think the universe is very complex and poorly understood, so yes.  I think that ghosts can be manifestations of past events repeating themselves, but also can be interactive rather than just residual, and sometimes it might be necessary to call them spirits rather than ghosts in that case.
2.  I think the word ghost might be oversimplified.  There are places where no deaths have occurred but phenomena still exists, and no amount of speculation will explain it.
3.  I'm not sure if this is a question for me.
4.  My experience with ghosts at Bachelor's Grove essentially happened when I was a skeptic with no prior experience.  After that, the activity diminished when I returned, but I always saw something strange.
5.  Yes.  (see above article link)

My pleasure.   If this article is ever made public in some way, feel free to let me know.

Best,

Arvo

Isabel Alba

Sep 18, 2022, 4:48:32 PM9/18/22
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
Good evening,

Yes! I am a journalism student for Kaneland. We have newspaper called "Kaneland Krier" that goes out to students, teachers and I was hoping to have my story be an awesome idea for class. Have a great day!

From, Isabel

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Bachelors Grove Cemetery" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bachelors-grove-cemetery/CAJgUEX8vCfmoVqGP0n7p04-8jEWuy-tOUY7rwP0a-b%3D9LZ6Gxw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
Best regards,

Isabel (Isa) Alba
KHS Class of 2026

ashley shares

Sep 18, 2022, 5:05:47 PM9/18/22
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
Isabel,
   I’m not sure how I was included in this email. I’m not associated with any paranormal activity groups. However, I’m a masonry conservator and I work on cemeteries in Georgia and Alabama. I grew up near Bachelors Grove and did research on it back in college, but I’m not a believer in ghosts. If you have any questions about stone preservation or things of that nature, feel free to ask.

Jen LaRue

Sep 18, 2022, 11:50:40 PM9/18/22
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
Yes I would love to help you I am currently in the hospital while in a nurse at the home recovering from having a seizure on September 3rd I had a seizure and I was in the hospital till September 13th so I am currently recovering I would love to help you I love bachelor throws secretariat is one of my favorite haunts so to say it is one of my favorite places to walk and to just go for my own piece of mind if you have any questions or need anything answered about it please don't hesitate to ask um I should be getting out of here within the next week I could go there and take pictures and send them to you and I do have other uh one second I too have up there stories that could tell you about myself and the paranormal and how when I was living in my parents basement which I still do I had a light switch which is still there and it still doesn't would turn on the light switch would light up and it's the light switch doesn't turn on lights but the light switch the lights would turn on and it would turn off and that these orbs would come and they don't know if it is my brother-in-law John who passed away there in the house where my brother's grandmother who I was very spiritually collect connected to I have Parkinson's disease and I also believe in spiritual ality and talking to our deceased loved ones as if they are there to help with our day-to-day everything going on in our world so if you have any other questions or have any other ever need anything please just ask lots of light and positivity and I'm here to help if you need anything thank you that this is a great thing to ask about bachelors Grove cemetery it's not all they say you know it is a few years ago I went and I took my niece and my nephew and they did a bachelor's Grove haunt they called it it was not really hot scary but the kids got to go and do a walk through it at night time with flashlights and somewhere I might have the video of doing it and if not I don't know because my computer is and everything were very badly damaged and a flood and I lost a lot of my Facebook stuff because I was hacked which is so terrible for somebody that believes in the spirituality of you know being protected by our past unloved ones and stuff that this kind of stuff happens and I'm not exactly sure if you'll be able to read all of this I said it and that's because of my Parkinson's I have a lot of problems taping stuff so I wish you all the best and many positive light

brian danko

Sep 19, 2022, 3:27:48 PM9/19/22
to bachelors-gr...@googlegroups.com
I think you are responding to the wrong person.
I have a first hand experience at Bachelors Grove
dating back to 1974.
However reading the statement regarding Methane or swamp gas
you can shelf that. I can assure you that in no way is the case!
Thank you
Brian Danko

Isabel Alba

Sep 24, 2022, 4:27:50 PM9/24/22
to Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Thank you to those of you who replied to my request! Those of you who still want to participate, I am rounding out my project this weekend, so I'd need your responses to my below Q & As by Sunday 4pm CST.

For those that have kindly shared, would you be willing to share quote (something perhaps memorable) about your experience with bachelor's Grove Cemetery? And if yes, would you share your full name, age, and profession? Feel free to share more demographic details if you so choose. Once again, many thanks for your help!