Private access

Austin Maynard

Jan 22, 2018, 8:01:15 PM1/22/18
to Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Hello Pete,

I'm wondering who to contact about getting special permission to be able to investigate the cemetery after sunset? My team and I have been investigating together for a couple of years now, still going strong, and we have been extremely interested in the cemetery for a while. We happen to be investigating another location in Willow Springs soon, and wanted to inquire about possibly being able to investigate this as well the night afterwards. We have the utmost respect for the property, and refuse to do anything illegal. So I figured this would be a good place to start to figure out how to get legal permission to enter the property after hours. Any information will help.

Thanks!

Pete Crapia

Feb 17, 2018, 2:40:09 PM2/17/18
to Bachelors Grove Cemetery

Long story short, gaining private access to the cemetery at night these days typically happens if you are filming a documentary by obtaining permits and paying the fees. General night-time access was pulled many years ago. If you don't have the average $1000+ to spend then don't bother trying.

Most people that obtain permits don't get that "private" feeling anyway due to others sneaking in at night. If you do get caught sneaking in the ticket is usually under $100.

Pete