other options?

Vlad Patryshev

Jan 11, 2012, 1:57:22 AM1/11/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

Seems like most of our attending members are actually located in South Bay; would be great if we could at least alternate between EY and some place in PA or MV or the like. Our company's office is too small; I tried to talk with Hackers Dojo, but I'm afraid Wendesday 7pm is a pretty busy time there; still can try.

Maybe somebody has other suggestions, so we could meet with least hassle possible?

Google could be a good place, except that they have too many rules and regulations.

Should we vote?

And another thread: anybody by chance knows a non-strong monad? A weak one, so to say. All that I come up with are strong, including continuation...

Thanks,
-Vlad

Aaron Culich

Jan 11, 2012, 2:05:08 AM1/11/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
What about meeting somewhere on the Stanford campus? Isn't there
someone in the group with affiliations there that would be able to
reserve a conference room? For those of us who have to travel far
that's easier to get to than deeper in the south bay.

-Aaron

Ivan Tarasov

Jan 11, 2012, 2:14:16 AM1/11/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com

We are moving to a new office in downtown Mountain View next week, I think we'd have the space to have the meetings there.

Ivan

Vlad Patryshev

Jan 11, 2012, 2:18:04 AM1/11/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Ivan, this would be great!

Thanks,
-Vlad

Arthur Chan

Jan 11, 2012, 11:59:09 AM1/11/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com, ba...@googlegroups.com
I agree that Stanford would be nice if we could get it. The traffic on 280 up to Sand Hill is an order of magnitude better than the 101. And this is not to downplay Ivan's offer in any way.

Not that this matters to me. I'm just trying to be considerate to the city folks because I remember what commuting down from Daly City was like.

If we do mountain view downtown, you guys could caltrain.

Arthur :: LittleBrick

Eugene Perederey

Jan 11, 2012, 12:34:08 PM1/11/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
I can try to reserve a conference room in Huang Engineering.
Unfortunately I cannot attend meetings on Wednesday, so I heave to
check if there is a way
for non-Stanford people to enter the building at night.

best,
Eugene

Vlad Patryshev

Jan 11, 2012, 3:13:12 PM1/11/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
We can consider other days as well, except Tuesdays.

Thanks,
-Vlad