next meeting

Vlad Patryshev

Jan 16, 2012, 12:31:00 AM1/16/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

So, our next meeting will occur as usual in Engine Yard, 7pm, Wednesday, Jan.25; so far there are no solutions for Mountain View or Palo Alto.

Lets talk about "Applicative Programming with Effects".
Here's the link.  http://www.soi.city.ac.uk/~ross/papers/Applicative.html
It's about applicative functors, why they are more practical than monads etc.

I personally can show how come a strong monad is an applicative functor (that's because one can use LiftM2).

But there's a lot of interesting material in this article.

And if anybody has a thread to discuss or a talk to give, it would be great.

Seasonal greetings,
-Vlad