next meeting

Vlad Patryshev

Feb 18, 2012, 1:20:32 AM2/18/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Hi,i

We will have our next meeting at Engine Yard, as usual (thank you Larry!); the plans to have them intermittently in MV are still being postponed.

Let's choose the topic:

- somebody is willing to give a talk;
- continue discussing the issues of monads and applicative functors and monads not always being applicative and an attempt to prove that if we are in a topos, the statement that every monad is applicative implies booleanness;
- read and walk through "The Essence of the Iterator Pattern" by J.Ogibbons and B.C.d.S.Oliveira (if you are banned on Google, you can find it on Yahoo or Altavista or Xanadu);
- I could give some kind of talk on topos logic

-Vlad

Thanks,
-Vlad

Aaron Culich

Feb 18, 2012, 1:25:44 AM2/18/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
I like the option: "continue discussing the issues of monads and

applicative functors and monads not always being applicative and an
attempt to prove that if we are in a topos, the statement that every
monad is applicative implies booleanness".

I missed the last two meetings, so I have a little bit of catch-up to
do (maybe we could have a short review?). If others prefer another
topic, then Vlad maybe you and I can grab a beer before or after the
meeting to discuss?

-Aaron

Vlad Patryshev

Feb 18, 2012, 1:54:40 AM2/18/12
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Before is kind of challenging (I'm too loyal to where I am now); but after - with a big pleasure.

Thanks,
-Vlad