meeting minutes

Vlad Patryshev

Oct 29, 2011, 10:13:48 PM10/29/11
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Wednesday we had a meeting at Engine Yard.

There were four of us, and Mike Stay was showing his slides on the topic of "Rosetta Stone", most attention being paid to Feynman diagrams and cobordisms. Personally I got all my questions regarding that paper answered; thank you Mike!

-Vlad

Valeria de Paiva

Oct 29, 2011, 10:17:52 PM10/29/11
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Did you do all of the Rosetta stone done? I was hoping I could catch
up on the next installment...
Valeria
> --

Valeria de Paiva
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~vdp/
http://valeriadepaiva.org/www/

Raoul Duke

Oct 29, 2011, 11:57:08 PM10/29/11
to ba...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Vlad Patryshev <vpatr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There were four of us, and Mike Stay was showing his slides on the topic of
> "Rosetta Stone", most attention being paid to Feynman diagrams and
> cobordisms. Personally I got all my questions regarding that paper answered;
> thank you Mike!

i continue to be jealous of those of you who can actually attend :-)

Vlad Patryshev

Oct 30, 2011, 2:29:10 AM10/30/11
to ba...@googlegroups.com
I'd have one more talk... actually, if people are interested, and we can meet in Palo Alto, and it won't be Thanksgivings Eve (say, in Google we can schedule it for any other day), and Mike agrees, we could cover this topic again.

There's one thing in this Rosetta that totally puzzles me: why? Curry-Howard isomorphisms with two more components... or is it? Or is there something simpler, like just monads, whereby all 4 are (platonic) projections?

Thanks,
-Vlad

Aaron Culich

Oct 30, 2011, 4:48:45 AM10/30/11
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Vlad, what two more components do you mean?

Vlad Patryshev

Oct 30, 2011, 12:01:09 PM10/30/11
to ba...@googlegroups.com
Types and logic (Curry-Howard part).