The dep name '☕' contains nonprintable characters.

Ian White

Nov 25, 2011, 11:56:28 AM11/25/11
to babushka_app
Hey babushkeeps,

I'm trying to set up babushka on a new Ubuntu 10.04 slice, and am
getting the following:

(when I `babushka benhoskings:'webserver configured'`)

Updating /home/ian/.babushka/sources/benhoskings from
https://github.com/benhoskings/babushka-deps.git... at b1e8616, done.
/usr/local/babushka/lib/babushka/dep.rb:52:in `initialize': The dep
name '☕' contains nonprintable characters.
Check /home/ian/.babushka/sources/benhoskings/deploy.rb:100.
benhoskings:webserver configured <- this dep isn't defined!

Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Cheers,
Ian

Bodaniel Jeanes

Nov 25, 2011, 12:38:26 PM11/25/11
to babush...@googlegroups.com
Ian,

Nope, it's just a warning because of encoding. It's pretty annoying when running on a Ruby that can't handle those characters well (1.8, for example) but it is NOT an error. As long as you aren't actually running that specific dep, your deps should still work fine.

Ben, any chance you can rename that dep to something less clever?

- Bo

> --
> To post, email babush...@googlegroups.com
> ~
> http://babushka.me
> http://github.com/benhoskings/babushka
> http://groups.google.com/group/babushka_app

Ian White

Nov 25, 2011, 12:42:43 PM11/25/11
to babush...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bo,

Thanks for that. Is the easiest way forward to just upgrade ruby then? I'm just trying out babushka TBH, and following the instructions in the source README. Wondering if there's a 'golden path' document anywhere.

Cheers,
Ian

Bodaniel Jeanes

Nov 25, 2011, 12:44:50 PM11/25/11
to babush...@googlegroups.com
It depends. Other than the annoying message, you shouldn't have any issues running it on 1.8.x. When I use babushka to set up servers (usually Ubuntu), I let it just use the apt-get version of ruby (which iirc is 1.8.7). If you're happy to ignore the coffee-script dep errors, just keep trooping forward.

We're always here to help, too

- Bo

Ben Hoskings

Nov 25, 2011, 4:18:40 PM11/25/11
to babush...@googlegroups.com, babushka_app
As Bo said, that only affects the ☕ dep on 1.8.

If you can't find the one you're after, you can search the database of public deps run by others:

babushka search webserver

The one you're after is 'webserver configured.nginx'.

- Ben

Sent from my iPhone

Ian White

Nov 25, 2011, 4:26:57 PM11/25/11
to babush...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

Cheers mate. Great stuff. (It's only taken me what… 3 years?… to check this puppy out).

Ian

Ben Hoskings

Nov 26, 2011, 1:36:02 AM11/26/11
to babush...@googlegroups.com
On 26/11/2011, at 4:38 AM, Bodaniel Jeanes wrote:

> Ben, any chance you can rename that dep to something less clever?

Even better:

https://github.com/benhoskings/babushka/commit/d6a26ccb66b70740483bc1c4faef20a5f4a38c7a

I can't rename it, it's my favourite :)

- Ben