valgrind

Torsten Curdt

Dec 6, 2012, 7:17:34 AM12/6/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
Folks,
anyone used babushka with Valgrind yet?

If not it seems like it's not hard to add support for it. Haven't tried yet though.

cheers,
Torsten

Ben Hoskings

Dec 6, 2012, 7:27:44 AM12/6/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
I haven't used them together. What were you thinking of adding—some debs that would run valgrind checks in some way?

I haven't used valgrind in a while but I remember it being a great tool.

- Ben

Torsten Curdt

Dec 6, 2012, 7:38:31 AM12/6/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
No, the other way round. Right now Valgrind comes with support for Puppet and Chef. Would be nice if there was native support Babushka for setting up machines.

cheers,
Torsten

Ben Hoskings

Dec 6, 2012, 7:42:13 AM12/6/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, do you mean vagrant perhaps? Valgrind is for finding memory leaks in C apps and such :)

If it's vagrant you mean, I actually knocked up a babushka vagrant plugin recently. I'll post it (I should submit it to the vagrant guys).

Cheers
Ben

Torsten Curdt

Dec 6, 2012, 8:20:11 AM12/6/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
lol ... doh!

Of course I meant - Vagrant!

I was just fiddling around with Valgrind - guess it just got stuck somewhere in my mind. Oh, man! :)

Tim McEwan

Dec 6, 2012, 8:11:53 AM12/6/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
I was just wanting this also.  I'm glad I don't need to write it myself now. :)

Thanks Ben!

Ben Hoskings

Dec 9, 2012, 5:44:10 PM12/9/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
I'll spend some time knocking this into shape and send a patch to the vagrant guys, but in the meantime:

https://gist.github.com/4247306

- Ben

Tim McEwan

Dec 9, 2012, 7:17:03 PM12/9/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!  Thanks Ben.  Beers on me next time you're up. :)

Ben Hoskings

Dec 9, 2012, 10:04:23 PM12/9/12
to babush...@googlegroups.com
No worries. I just added an example Vagrantfile to the gist, showing how to specify the babushka deps to run: