Hi and suggestion for a venue

Lander López

Jul 5, 2019, 6:52:07 PM7/5/19
to BAA London
Hi,

It was great attending my first of many London APL end of month meetup.
Thank you for the welcoming experience. We talked about possible venues for the biannual event.
The venue I suggested is CodeNode: https://skillsmatter.com/event-space#event_spaces

It's a great venue if you don't mind sacrificing character as it has a good central location in the City and it's purpose built for hosting these kind of events.
They host many programming language meetups and conferences of all kind of sizes so it's flexible regarding how much space you need.
It also has a bar and the opportunity of reaching to new audiences as their schedule mailing list have big reach in the developer community.
The space is huge so it's likely that some other programming events will be happening there in the same day so that also creates opportunities
to make yourself known to other developers if that's part of your objectives.

Kind Regards,
Lander Lopez

Romilly Cocking

Jul 6, 2019, 2:32:14 AM7/6/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
+1 to CodeNode. I use it for a couple of meetups and it's a great venue.

You need to pre-register for events in order to avoid a lengthy check-in process, but that's quick and easy.

personal:@romillyc work:@rareblog skype:romilly.cocking web:http://blog.rareschool.com/

crishog

Jul 7, 2019, 11:32:51 AM7/7/19
to BAA London
Hi Lander,

Good to meet you the other day. Thanks for this - Jake tasked me with compiling the list of possible venues, so all assistance gratefully received!

See you next month

/Chris

Walter Fil

Jul 8, 2019, 7:26:40 AM7/8/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
I've been to the Code Node near Liverpool St Station, next to what used to be a Malpin, numerous times and found it rather good.  As far as I know, beer is available.