Time for another London Group face to face meeting?

Ellis Morgan

Jul 13, 2023, 11:44:18 AM7/13/23
to BAA London
as one of the available and active members on IBM UK Basic course 41 which started on 1 July 1963. Before linch we spent two hours at the new IBM UK main office in York Road. Andy Stafford a distinguisged engineer formerly at Hursley and now head of the innovation centre was the main presenter who talked on three main subjects: quantum computing; the Mayflower Autonomous Ship and the spotty dog robot. Much of interest to an APL writer, notably the python QisKit application which gives you access to an IBM Quantum computer.
Is there interst in another meeting and if I could arrange one near Waterloo and  maybe incude a quick visit to IBM York Road would there be any interest?
Just reply here or contact at the email above.
Alternatuvely I could just say a bit more about what we discovered on our visit last week.

Romilly Cocking

Jul 13, 2023, 1:07:13 PM7/13/23
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com
I'd be interested.

Romilly

personal:@romillyc work:@rareblog skype:romilly.cocking web:http://blog.rareschool.com/

mic...@hughes.uk.com

Jul 13, 2023, 4:59:44 PM7/13/23
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com

Sounds a great idea to me – please keep me updated.

I am very keen to get the face to face meetings going again

lander...@gmail.com

Jul 13, 2023, 6:37:04 PM7/13/23
to BAA London
Interested, thank you.