Mini qWC workshop 29th November at the BAA meeting in London

Michael Hughes

Nov 18, 2019, 6:40:08 AM11/18/19
to baa-l...@googlegroups.com, mic...@hughes.uk.com, chris.m...@gmail.com

Hi

I have spoken to Phil and Jake to suggest a mini workshop with qWC.  They have agreed you might be interested in playing with it at the next meeting on Fri 29th November.

The version we will use is being demonstrated by Chris Hughes from MJH Software Services Ltd. as the next Dyalog Webinar (Thurs 21st November at 16:00 UTC)

https://dyalog.tv/Webinar in case you want to see it in action first.

We have a Linux server which we can try and let people use but it will depend on the WiFi connections.

If you have a windows machine with IIS running locally we should be able to set qWC up to run locally on this machine. Windows version must support Web Sockets (10 does, 7 should)

If you wish to try using it – the requirements are:

Linux (assuming reasonable wifi)

Dyalog Ride 4.2 must be installed on your machine – we will provide a userid, etc.

No APL is required on your machine as the APL runs on our server and is accessed by the Ride 4.2.

Windows:

Requires Dyalog 17.0+

IIS running and a virtual directory called localhost/qwc – we will need to install the system (copy files to the virtual directory from a usb stick). We can try and help set this up if need be.

If anyone is bringing their own linux machine, then we can provide the code to install (BUT we will need fore-warning) – currently it requires a Nginx web server (we just haven’t tested or set up an Apache one yet).

Important: The product is intended for resale next year so this is an alpha preview version which will expire in January BUT you might enjoy trying it out at the meeting.

Best regards

Michael Hughes